Checking Joe's truck parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking Joe's truck parts.

Joe has a side shed on his parts building that was built to house his parts trailer. The trailer has never spent a night in there. Joe got two 2R cabs from South Dakota for a proposed extended cab project and has filled the building with parts. He needed to replace some rotted pallets so I helped him remove most of the parts yesterday. I had never seen some of this stuff up close because most of it was already here when I moved back. I thought someone might like to see this part of his stash.
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

for sale or for looks ??

Comment

Joe has one SUPER stash.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

There might be a few parts for sale, but this particular stash is mostly for his future extended cab project. I had never seen much of this and thought someone else might like a peek. There are some bent parts that could be repaired or used for patch panels and then there are some really nice pieces like the NOS 2R grille he showed me.
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

JUST WOW! You tell joe I'm coming to swipe some of that stuff! LOL
          Nice stash. I've got a few parts in the attic, fenders and such.
          I think he's got enough to build 2 C Cabs from what I can see.....

Comment

The 2 cabs are ones he bought off of a farm in South Dakota years ago. They were both big trucks so the front fenders have the larger openings. It is interesting to notice the later Studebaker parts that got added over time. The earliest truck has the gauge panel out of an E series truck and the support for the electric wiper motor is attached with stove bolts indicating that the truck likely came with vacuum wipers.
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I could sure use those doors and i really need a late cab with good floors.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Welder will fix floors. and doors too if you're crazy enough!
                ASk me how I KNOW

Comment

The doors on the cabs are nice. The doors leaning against the building both have square holes about 4x4 cut in the front door skins. Not sure why. The bottoms are nice. The cabs are both 2R types 49-53. The one in front we are pretty sure was a 49, but it is hard to see the ID plates the way they are sitting.
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                  X