Israeli '67 Prototype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli '67 Prototype?

I stumbled across this picture in the comments section of another site. I don't know if it's true but here it is.http://www.curbsideclassic.com/cars-...tion-of-larks/

I can see the Stude roof/windshield/cowl in it but boy is it different looking. Maybe it's a 63 roof with the rail gutter on top of the windshield? Reminds me of the South American Willys restyle that Brooks Stevens did. http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/tag/willys/

Remember that at one time Studebaker assembled vehicles in Israel. There has been a least one Turning Wheels article on Israeli vehicles.

Comment

Look close at that front and that bumper - looks like really crude styling.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Appears to be a cardboard mock-up of a styling study of some sort; perhaps for soliciting locally sourced components.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          Appears to be a cardboard mock-up of a styling study of some sort; perhaps for soliciting locally sourced components.

Craig
          You may be right. I bet there is a 1964-65 grill under that clutter. I wonder what their plan was for front turn signals? Perhaps the driver would stick their arm out the window.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I wonder if that's the designer standing next to it and wants to stay anonymous?
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Rectangular headlights in 1967?
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

There were a few out there: http://origin-www.audi.com/sea/brand...nsu_ro_80.html

Of course they were illegal in the U.S. at the time.

Craig

Comment

Might those be standard round dual lights,with flat covers in front of them ?
                  Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                    Might those be standard round dual lights,with flat covers in front of them ?
                    Looks like it.
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Looks like it ran into an ugly wall.
                      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I guess you would not have liked the Studebaker Family then, over their blacksmith shop was the BIBLE SCRIPTURE "owe no man other to love one another"
                        ROMANS 13:8, plus John Mohler Studebaker built at least two churches in South Bend with Studebaker profits!
                        We should have such "B.S." nowadays...............

Comment

Originally posted by SASCO KID View Post
                          I guess you would not have liked the Studebaker Family then, over their blacksmith shop was the BIBLE SCRIPTURE "owe no man other to love one another"
                          ROMANS 13:8, plus John Mohler Studebaker built at least two churches in South Bend with Studebaker profits!
                          We should have such "B.S." nowadays...............
                          Er... this is apropos of what, exactly?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                            Er... this is apropos of what, exactly?
                            I suspect he's referring to roscoemacaw's signature line. (It took me a while to figure it out.)
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Good catch, Skip! Whatever the brothers had over their shop door or backed up in local houses of worship, they were totally gone from the picture by the time most of our Studes were conceived or built. In the end, it was pecuniary matters - not those of faith - that decided the company's fate.
                              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X