trip to Saint Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trip to Saint Louis

The trip to Saint Louis is over and went well, 4400 miles round trip and no flats on either the motor home or the trailer, came back with an empty trailer just as I had planed. Things went so well I might think about another trip in May to South Bend if my wife is ok, she stayed home on this one but it cost me to hire someone to come in and take care of her. Ian Mackellar from Australia came over and went with me as he has done many times in the past. He knows a lot of people here and enjoys talking with everyone, maybe you got a chance to talk with him.

On our way back we stopped by and saw Will Sanders at Starlight Studebaker in Colorado and Ian got the tour of every thing, I picked up a couple of head liners and sun visors for my projects, Will is doing well and very helpful and knows a lot about Studebaker's and Packard's. he was not hard for us to get a hold of since we were going that way home, just e-mailed him a message and he answered a time he would be at the shop and all worked out very nice. He is a first class guy and an asset to Studebaker's and the club. Will if you are reading this thanks again for taking the time for us.....Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Enjoyed visiting with you and Ian again Bob. You sure made a quick trip back home to the Bay area.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

And many thanks for the parts you brought to me. Always a good time talking with you.
      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
      1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Milt, Thanks for all your hard work putting on the meet and making my time there a lot easier, also many thanks to Chris and your brother I know they all worked had and long hours as did every one making this happen.......Bob
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Good seeing you and Ian, Bob. (If we can just get Bill Pressler to a National Meet, we'll have a private BP meeting! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Glad you made it home and hope you wife is doing well

Bob Miles
            Tucson, AZ

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Good seeing you and Ian, Bob. (If we can just get Bill Pressler to a National Meet, we'll have a private BP meeting! BP
              I met Bill Pressler at an SDC International Convention (I believe at an AOAI Banquet).
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Darn. I never did see you Bob. Glad your trip went well

Denny L

Comment

Bob: It was great to finally get to meet you in person. Thanks for all the parts you brought for me. I did manage to squeeze Sally into the cab of the pickup rather than riding home in the bed. It was great to meet Ian as well. Glad to hear things went well with the wife while you were gone.
                  Good roads to you
                  Nick

Comment

Bob, Thanks for bringing my parts to st Louis, Glad you had a good trip. There were several venders there with lots of stuff. I came Thursday and got my stuff and a few more things while there. Sorry I never got to meet you but you was gone. your neighbor there helped load my stuff. Maybe we'll meet someday. Thanks again for the parts. Gary Thorn

Comment

Working...
                    X