Another Great '53 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Great '53 Commander

Some of you probably saw this one at IM as evidenced by included letter from Carl Thoms. Besides the exterior color and valve covers it appears to be restored to factory condition, especially the interior.

Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Truly beautiful automobile.

I know it is not original, but like the light on the bottom of the rear console.

Comment

I like this '53...The grey color really 'works' on this car! She calls the engine a 289....but no doubt it's a 232!

Comment

That Color looks VERY close to the unusual 1961 Autumn Haze Brownish Gray Color. I did not see any mention of a 289, where I looked and when (now) it says 232.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          That Color looks VERY close to the unusual 1961 Autumn Haze Brownish Gray Color. I did not see any mention of a 289, where I looked and when (now) it says 232.
          Rich, she mentions the engine size on the video.

Comment

This is a great looking car. Excellent looking paint and body work. Sure some colors under the hood are not factory stock but so what!

I like that rear courtesy lamp, a great idea. I was at SB in 2007 and don't recall seeing this car but there were a lot of cars there for sure that year.

Jeff in ND

Comment

If it sells for that let me know. I will need a reappraisal on mine.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Heart be still! That is one lovely shade of grey and would look even better in the west coast light. To be exact, the light in my driveway. Anybody got 35k they can drop in my bank account? I'm tapped with just having bought the Avanti.

Why's life so hard?

Comment

They've had the car for sale since last September. They bought it at the Auburn fall auction for about 22K if memory serves me correctly. It does look really good in person and it was advertised as having a 289 at the auction.

Comment

Wow, that is one magnificent Stude. Thanks for posting those pix.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Sweet. Mine appraised in for almost that but I'm driving it down to about a $20,000 Car Nice job and tastefully done.
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                        Truly beautiful automobile.

I know it is not original, but like the light on the bottom of the rear console.
                        I purchased a 1953 Starliner, from the original owner, that had a rear compartment light installed like that. The light was round and protruded a little.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
                          Some of you probably saw this one at IM as evidenced by included letter from Carl Thoms. Besides the exterior color and valve covers it appears to be restored to factory condition, especially the interior.
                          Dual exhausts were neither standard nor a factory option for 1953.
                          I believe the color is supposed to be 1953 Tacoma Gray.
                          They do not mention that the car is a Starlight, not a Starliner (worth more in the open market).
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                          X