1950 Champion AirTex 527 with Lifetime Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion AirTex 527 with Lifetime Warranty

I just received this new AirTex fuel pump for my 1950 Champion. I saw that it stated "Lifetime Warranty", but figured that would be useless and never honored. Today I read the warranty, and it says as long as I keep my same ebay name and have written proof of purchase I can return it if it goes bad. I'll have to save the packing slip and box. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried one of these? Thanks, Tom

Every Airtex Stude pump I've seen.. It's a matter of "when", not "if" they start leaking oil.

Comment

Ha! Considering the age of most customers who even know what a mechanical fuel pump is...a "lifetime warranty," is not a great risk!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Both of the v8 airtex fuel pumps I bought from S.I. rattle when you rev the engine.
        61 lark cruiser
        64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

None of these issues happen on the 6 Cyl. Airtex Fuel Pumps that ARE the topic of this string.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            None of these issues happen on the 6 Cyl. Airtex Fuel Pumps that ARE the topic of this string.
            Well...setting my previous snarky post aside...your post caused me to look at the ebay link in the original post. The pump pictured in that ad looks to have the pivot pin fairly snug and perhaps an "O" ring seal installed. For years, aftermarket manufactureres flooded the market with some pretty sloppy pivot pins that were locked in place with external lock rings and no seal. From what I recall, these leaked oil from the time the engine was cranked and return oil flowed over the pump actuator arm. If the industry standard has improved, that is good to know.

One additional observation...$41.57 with free shipping don't seem to be too unreasonable either.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              I have no experience with the six but I do know that Airtex does indeed honor their warranty with a duplicate replacement pump when you follow their return policy. The turn over time was surprisingly short in my case.

Comment

Working...
              X