Drum id help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Drum id help please

Hi y'all! This drum measures 10.75 dia. across the shoe surface and 2.50 wide on the shoe surface. Is this a V8 front drum? Thanks for the help!!
    Attached Files

Well I can tell you that IS a Studebaker Front Hub in that Drum, but it has to be either a beyond tolerance 10 Rear Drum or a under size 11 Inch Front Drum!
    At 2 1/2 Inches WIDE it must be a undersize NOS V8 Front never turned, if you are measuring correctly in the dead center. It is possible that Budd Corp. final turned these AFTER swagging the Hub in, and this one was missed.

Looks like something that came out of Standard Surplus's Basement in the 1970's! The would not have known that it was from Studebakers junk or "Returns" pile!

If this WERE a USEABLE V8 10 Inch FINNED Rear Drum with a Front Hub in it, it may be kinda cool to put on the Front of a 6 cyl. Car!
    I guess the width may be a problem for that wild idea however.

Can we see the Side of this Drum to verify the Studebaker type Fins?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-13-2015, 04:00 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich. Here is a few more pics. With my son holding the tape measure (instead of me without my glasses) they do appear to be 11 inch diameter,or a tad under. They have never been on anything but the floor! Thanks again!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Rich, I sent You a pm.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Hey Rich, do you have a pair? Are they for sale? Would you ship?

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            Hey Rich, do you have a pair? Are they for sale? Would you ship?
            Yes...yes..yes..but,may be spoken for...will let you know.Thanks Matt

Comment

Originally posted by AKAchamptrucking View Post

Yes...yes..yes..but,may be spoken for...will let you know.Thanks Matt
              Thanks. Keep me posted.

Comment

Working...
              X