This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas was $2.26 here yesterday

Gas prices seem to go up in this area on Tuesday afternoons and then drop during the week. So if you come into town and prices are low you may want to fill up then. I have not been out today to see if it went up or down.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Phillips 66 in Maryland Heights has regular unleaded all this week for $2.19, one mile north of the meet hotel!
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Is it non-oxygenated?

Comment

See there!...It's a good thing (for the rest of you) I can't go to the Big International Meet! Not that I have a persecution complex...but if I jumped in my truck and headed to the meet...gas would be over five bucks a gallon before I hit the Tennessee state line.

There is a few places around here where it has dropped below two bucks a gallon. But...I still remember when I could buy a full tank of gas for under five bucks...and get a pretty amber colored plate, glass, goblet, or mug for making the purchase! Those heading out...enjoy your ride...

you can thank me later for staying home.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-o-Reno View Post
          Is it non-oxygenated?
          NO, not easy to find around here
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Oh no... gas prices just went up yesterday because of a BP refinery breakdown in Indiana.
            Lew Schucart
            Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

But that gas won't be trucked in there for another week or two.... DARN PRICE GOUGERS!
              Do they have high test for R-1 & R-2 mills?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                But that gas won't be trucked in there for another week or two.... DARN PRICE GOUGERS!
                Price Gougers for sure! Day before yesterday, gas was 2.12 in our little town of Summitville. Yesterday I was going to the drag strip and my truck needed gas. When I got to the station expecting $2.12 it was 2.59! Went up 47 cents in one jump.

Ted

Comment

I paid $2.44 9 at Costco here in Phoenix this morning. Most of the stations are still $2.65 9

Denny L

Comment

Yesterday on the way to work, $2.29 last night, I saw it at $2.99 a gallon! I will leave out ALL the political comments that I have!

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

Yep, you are correct Jim, without mentioning his Name, there are those that could fix this almost overnight!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Here in western Canada, 1.31.9 per litre (= $6.00 per Imperial gallon which is about $4.80 for a US gallon) and that is with at least 10% ethanol. Hosers!
                        Bill

Comment

I paid $2.29 9 in Joplin, MO last night but see prices around $2.70s as I came into St Louis today

Denny L

Comment

Over here at Costco it's $2.97 for regular, but in our little town, 7 miles from Costco, it's $3.55 for regular, $3.77 for premium, and $4.94 for diesel ! ( Paradise tax we say, ha ! )

Comment

Colorado is no better.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-16-20-35-48.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1699878
                              Carey
                              Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
                              X