Hemi 53 Showcar FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemi 53 Showcar FS

On Nashville Craigslist. Might be the best I've ever seen. I saw it at Hunter's Custom auto show about 15 years ago. The grill bars were milled out of aluminum. Not a grocery getter. Bob B. said Black was the only color to do the styling justice.
    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
    sigpic
    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

From Tennessee? Might be a 'back in the day' tanker!

Comment

Yep 4spd w 5th under the seat
      Speaking of Whiskey running. The Middle TN Stude-Orphan show in Lynchburg TN on Sept. 26th is giving away some free Jack Daniel's Distillery tour tickets. The Distillery is right close to Wiseman park, where the one day only show-swap meet will be.
      My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
      sigpic

Comment

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5155387590.html

Car has not been driven or started in 4 years. . . . I will not start due to time sitting but you are welcome to turn over by hand. I understand there may be fuel problems and brake issues from sitting so don't try to beat this car down. . . .

??????

Comment

Beautiful show piece. I always wonder how a car actually drives when I see that it has been sitting for a long time or has very low miles since completion. I notice this one doesn't have wipers. Of course, even a driver like this is usually more of a toy than transportation.
          Still, would I like to see it? You bet!
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I remember seeing this car on the cover of Turning Wheels a loooong time ago. There was a mention in the write up about the lack of windshield wipers. Something about the car being "bare hot rod" with no frills, and it wasn't driven in the rain so who needs 'em.

I'm sure someone else will know which issue it was in and have more details.

Simply a beautiful car at a bargain price.

Comment

OMG ! What a ride for the price. This is one brand X I wouldn't mind owning.
              Bill

Comment

That car couldn't be built today for twice the asking price. Someone is going to get a heckuva buy.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

Would be a near perfect car with a Stude engine.
                  Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                  jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

If it was a coupe and I had plenty money, aaahhh yea.

Comment

It's been inside most all the time since the 70s. Runs a dehumidifier in its cell. It had a narrowed Dana 44 w a 350 Chevy 4 speed early on. Around the early 90s was changed to Fatman Hemi 9 inch.
                      My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but that's really close to blasphemy to do that to any early Hemi, even the little 354.
                        Other than what appears to be nice bodywork...

Mike

Comment

Maybe I am a little out of it, but I would be a little hesitant to buy a car like that when the owner won't start it. Don't get me wrong it is a fantastically beautiful automobile that I would love to see in my garage, but....... oh, well enough said.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

"Price is negotiable."

As Jack said, you couldn't build this car for twice the price. And at $30K it would look even better. (But not for me )
                            Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                              Maybe I am a little out of it, but I would be a little hesitant to buy a car like that when the owner won't start it. Don't get me wrong it is a fantastically beautiful automobile that I would love to see in my garage, but....... oh, well enough said.
                              OK, in light of all the fawning over this car, I suppose I'm once again sticking my neck out, but as far as I'm concerned, no matter how pretty the paint/chrome, a non-running car is a pig in a poke, and the price should reflect that.

If the seller doesn't want someone to "beat him down" on the price because it doesn't run, and it won't take much to get it running, then he needs to get it in shape before putting it on the market. Either the seller has no mechanical skills himself and is too cheap to hire someone to get it going, or he's covering up something. Or both.

Jeez. . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X