X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muncie Dragway Primer: Fun With Dick and Ted

A fun evening at The Muncie Dragway Wednesday, August 5, 2015:

Whew! What a pair of fast South Benders! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

That had be a Great Sounding race . I can't remember the event or year it was but was there when Ted got it back from being painted . Glad to see he is getting a chance to have fun with it ! Ed

Comment

Recheck the link. After conversation with Richard about five hours after I posted this, I learned more information about his engine and post it there. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here are the in car videos from Muncie, you can hear the engine break up in fifth gear. It was also breaking up some at the top of the other gears too. It's a five speed stick so I shift four times.
        Also it's spinning the slicks off the line and slowing the 60' times. Don't know why, I guess it's all that Studebaker power! It's a blast shifting those gears.

Thanks,
        Richard
        The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Working...
        X