New project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project!

Today I picked up a '60 Lark Regal 4dr., with only 42,000 miles! It's been sitting for a while so lots of cleaning to see what I have, but there is no rust (aside from a few suspicious bubbles on the normal front fender spots) just a few dents to deal with someday. The 259 runs like a watch, and the steering feels tight...no brakes tho. The interior will needs some love too.

That looks to be in really good original condition. Quite a nice find.

Comment

Bruce,

Hope that you do the brakes and interior but forget about the rust and dents. No reason to "upgrade" an original car that is this good.

Comment

Nice, solid looking Lark...enjoy!
        Mike Davis
        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Really nice. Just about what I hope to find for the wife some day. Love the green too.

Comment

green again....!

Comment

Nice find Bruce. That should be a really good driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
                Bruce,

Hope that you do the brakes and interior but forget about the rust and dents. No reason to "upgrade" an original car that is this good.
                Bill- That's kinda my plan, tho I want to add a 4bbl and Turner brakes, and of course chrome steelies to make it look fast!

Comment

That very car got up to the Yakima area a few years ago. Most of its life it was in Salem, Oregon, owned by a SDC member.

Comment

Nice looking car. I've always felt that the 4 door Lark was a well balanced design. But then, I'm a sucker for Larks anyway. Best of luck with it. A good coat of wax will preserve the exterior. I would take care of the rust spots before they really become a concern.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Sweet. I want one just like that to replace the 30,000 mile specimen my brother drove off a cliff! The arse survived, but he bent the frame on the Lark and let it die a slow neglectful death.
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                      X