Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A sad day continued, and I am on the hunt for.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad day continued, and I am on the hunt for.......

This is an update to the post a sad day from Father's day.
    The 61 has been in a shop and is making progress. I found a good old shop that know how to do older body and frame work. The results are real good so far.
    Also, I went with my insurance company and they settled with me so I could repair the car. They are going after the other company.
    Now I am on the hunt for a good rear bumper. This would be for the 61 four door Lark. I may be looking at brake drums and rims also. (Hopefully I won't need the rims or drums but...)
    I will post pictures when I remember how.
    David G. Nittler

Studebaker International has new '61 front and rear bumpers available. I bought a set a little while back for my '61 convertible. Rear is 1550726W, $300.00

Comment

That's excellent news. Good to hear that you went with your own company and let them deal with the other one. I have always felt that part of what we pay for is an advocate when someone else is at fault. Keep us posted.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

David, this is good news. would like to see pics,curious what/if any n.o.s. parts were acquired - or if most panels were in fact straightened.
        Originally posted by drnittler View Post
        This is an update to the post a sad day from Father's day.
        The 61 has been in a shop and is making progress. I found a good old shop that know how to do older body and frame work. The results are real good so far.
        Also, I went with my insurance company and they settled with me so I could repair the car. They are going after the other company.
        Now I am on the hunt for a good rear bumper. This would be for the 61 four door Lark. I may be looking at brake drums and rims also. (Hopefully I won't need the rims or drums but...)
        I will post pictures when I remember how.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Too much sadness here. Time to get on with your life and be happy. With or without this Stude, or any Stude, life is too short to be sad as long as you have. Try alcohol, gambling, bowling, yo-yos, or whatever works for you, till you can get back in the race of life

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry alone.
          Last edited by JoeHall; 08-03-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

They are fixing my original parts mostly. I mostly need to get a rear bumper..Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I am fine knowing the car is on the mend.
            David G. Nittler

Comment

Working...
            X