1963 Studebaker Lark Daytona Convertible questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Studebaker Lark Daytona Convertible questions

Can anyone answer this question? I am in the process of purchasing a 63 Lark Daytona Convertible automatic 6 Cyl. with factory air, it has been stored in a garage for the past 8 or 9 years but the seller tells me he started it about 4 years ago, but I would like to know how many of these model cars with this equipment were built in South Bend or where? and how many were built, also I own a 58 Scotsman wagon and I would like to know how many of these 58 Scotsman wagons were built, the picture is on my site Roy Buchanan Thanking you in advance Best Regards Roy B.
    Last edited by cool58 Stude; 08-03-2015, 09:57 AM.

Welcome to the SDC Forum!

There were 1015 1963 convertibles made (all Daytonas).

The Turning Wheels mag. with Fox Feature Articles on your cars will give a breakdown of production, like six vs. V8.

The only way to get all of the breakdown that you want is to go through all of the production orders for 1963 cars (80K). Even this may not give you all that you want. A/C was often added by the dealer, before or after sale, rather than installed at the factory. Do you have a production order for the car showing what it was built with? These are available from the SNM.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Since this is your first trip to the forum, Welcome.
      As you probably know there is a plethora of knowledge from many people here. Enjoy.
      The Studebaker National Museum has record of your production order. [studebakermuseum.org]
      Also check out "studebakervendors.com for vendor information. Be amazed at the amount of parts available for your car.
      South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Thank you for your response I will probably be on here more often bothering the members with my question, I just got the Daytona Convertible home today and now starts the fun! Bless you all, Roy B.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Roy.

Studebaker built 7,680 1958 Scotsman station wagons.

As suggested above, you'll need to secure a copy of the car's Production Order from The Studebaker National Museum, to verify if the air conditioning was factory-installed. Chances are pretty good it was not; that would be a rare combination.

Aftermarket units and Studebaker-approved Accessory Air Conditioning kits for field (i.e., dealer) installations looked so much like "factory air" in 1963 and 1964 that it is easy to mistake one for the other. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Did you buy it from Michael Float?

Comment

No I bought it from a doctor here in Spring Hill Fl. he has had the car from his father who died 8 years ago and its been in the garage ever since, here is how this happened, my wife stopped by his home because he was having a garage sale and she spotted the car in the garage and told him we had a Studebaker Scotsman wagon, she ask him if he would sell the car and he refused so when she got home she told me about the car, well being the car guy I am I went just around the block to his house and talked to him for about an hour and then I told him I would like to buy the car because I restore and was building street rods before my back went bad, well I offered him a low price and to my surprise he accepted my offer and I got the car home yesterday I am a happy Camper to have the car.

Comment

Working...
              X