A real shame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real shame...

I bought this Lark a couple of weeks ago in Northern California. A buddy delivered it to me last week.

Here's a video of it starting and running...

Montana car that spent the last few years on Californa. No rust ever anywhere. Seats and headliner are rip free.

OK...here's the downside...

Hit hard on the left rear door. Pushed in the center pillar. The car was sitting at the curb and it was pushed into the curb. Bent the two right side wheels and the right axle.

I bought this car for parts. Great running and driving car. Now I'm having a hard time getting out the wrenches to take it apart. SASCO has the door, pillar and rocker NOS for under $500. A Dana 27 axle and 2 wheels are easy to find. I'm going to have to think about this one a little.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Don't ask me, Dick- you KNOW what I'd say.........
    [8D]

Not a bad fix...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Don't ask me, Dick- you KNOW what I'd say.........
      [8D]

Not a bad fix...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Ouch! [B)]

Dick, you can't part that beauty out.. It's way too nice of a car to not fix up! Just, order the parts from SASCO, sell it to Bob Andrews (he has a thing for nice early Larks with banged up driver's side rear doors, especially ones you find ) and move on to the next one! Problem solved.

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Ouch! [B)]

Dick, you can't part that beauty out.. It's way too nice of a car to not fix up! Just, order the parts from SASCO, sell it to Bob Andrews (he has a thing for nice early Larks with banged up driver's side rear doors, especially ones you find ) and move on to the next one! Problem solved.

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That's a rare car, Dick: A cheapie DeLuxe with a V-8! One of only 1,367 DeLuxe V-8 4-doors produced, versus 14,530 Regal V-8 4-doors!

I hope you'll save it. You'll not find a nicer-driving little fun car if you spent the next ten years looking. [^] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That's a rare car, Dick: A cheapie DeLuxe with a V-8! One of only 1,367 DeLuxe V-8 4-doors produced, versus 14,530 Regal V-8 4-doors!

I hope you'll save it. You'll not find a nicer-driving little fun car if you spent the next ten years looking. [^] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Get a battery hold down and make it a keeper!

Comment

Comment

Who needs a battery hold down when you have an original windshield washer system. [)]

BTW, looks like you have one '59, and one '60 taillight lens.

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Who needs a battery hold down when you have an original windshield washer system. [)]

BTW, looks like you have one '59, and one '60 taillight lens.

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Looks like you got a little work to make a daily driver out of her! Go for it![8D]

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar
                        3E-6/7-122
                        </h5>

Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

Looks like you got a little work to make a daily driver out of her! Go for it![8D]

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar
                          3E-6/7-122
                          </h5>

Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Figured you'd catch that [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Figured you'd catch that [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X