Studebaker Trivia !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Trivia !

Hey You Gurus, Starting in the Summer of 1959. all 59S Models equipped with overdrive and standard transmissions,that were shipped by Rail had this added in a specific location. ok tell Us what was added and where
    Joseph R. Zeiger

I'm thinking it might be the 'hold down' brackets which were bolted to the L&R forward frame rails with one large bolt and a large pal nut?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      I'm thinking it might be the 'hold down' brackets which were bolted to the L&R forward frame rails with one large bolt and a large pal nut?
      My 53 hardtop has those. The build sheet shows that it went to New York by rail.

Comment

I know, Joe; since it was limited to cars with overdrive, they started adding that little sticker on the dash that said,

DO NOT LOWER WINDOWS AT SPEEDS IN EXCESS OF 120 MPH.

BP
        Last edited by BobPalma; 07-30-2015, 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Wrong year and incorrect instructions, Bob! It was 1964 that you were supposed to RAISE THE REAR WINDOWS before towing as per the Owner's Guide. (No mention of what speed or what method of 'towing')!!

Craig

Comment

SHOOK it on down into Overdrive, eh Bob
            Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            I know, Joe; since it was limited to cars with overdrive, they started adding that little stickler on the dash that said,

BP
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Ed You are warm,but it's a bit more specific then that.
              Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I thought for sure some one would nail this. these Cars were fitted with a special shipping bracket - between the transmission and the rear engine cross member.this would prevent forward and rearward movement of the engine on the rubber motor mounts.this movement could cause a lubricant leak at the welsh plug located at the end of the front universal joint yoke.
                Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                Hey You Gurus, Starting in the Summer of 1959. all 59S Models equipped with overdrive and standard transmissions,that were shipped by Rail had this added in a specific location. ok tell Us what was added and where
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Interesting!....Never knew about that bracket Joe.

Comment

Working...
                  X