Toy Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Wagon

A few months back, I acquired this toy wagon. It was built to look similar to a Studebaker wagon. I could not find out very much information about it, so I started looking at the internet and a Studebaker book that I have. I wanted it to look more like the real Studebaker wagon, so we have a friend here in Springfield that does custom painting on toys. I took it to him about 2 weeks ago, with the picture that I had found on the internet. I had him letter it and had him paint it like the wagon in the picture. He's very good at what he does, and all this painting you see is all hand painted. I think it made the wagon look so much better than what it did prior to his painting. The first 2 pictures are of the wagon before he did the painting, and the rest of the pictures is what he did. I will have it in St. Louis at the toy show, at the Studebaker International Meet. Hope you enjoy the pictures.
    Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

That's a beautiful wagon. At first I thought you were talking about a model just inches long, but this must be the full size child's toy wagon.

Comment

The overall length is about 3 foot.

Comment

Very nice model, and nice paint job. The end boards of the wagon box should be reversed, though. The small board sticking up is for tying the horses' reins; and should be on the same end as the pole and seat.

Tom.

Comment

Thanks I looked at the picture and you are right. And thanks again. Dusty

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Not trying to steal your post here's another one in the Reno area.25 Antique Studebaker Junior Toy Wagon $1250 (Dayton) pic map [xundo]

Comment

This wagon is 36in. long from the tip of the tongue to the very end of the wagon. 14in. tall to the top of the seat. and 14in wide. There's a promo sitting beside you can see the difference. It's not a ride on toy. Dusty
              Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Beautiful job. There's a real Studebaker child's wagon in the Long Island Museum, which houses a beautiful assortment of horse-drawn carriages and wagons.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                X