Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I check tranny levels on a Golden Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Where do I check tranny levels on a Golden Hawk?

I just bought this 1957 Golden Hawk with a flight-o-matic and need to check the fluid levels. How do I accomplish this? Used to have a 64 GT but that had a 4 speed. Is this access under the floor, I don't see a filler tube in the engine compartment. Help!

Mark

probably access hole under the carpet on the right side of the transmission hump.
    look for a spot where the carpet has been CUT or where the carpet might come up on the right side of the transmission hump about halfway down.

Comment

Right, Mark; if the carpet hasn't been cut, thus exposing an access port on the right side of the transmission hump, then you have to roll up the carpet to access the plate and remove the plate. You'll then see a little dipstick in a check/fill port on the side of the transmission case.

That's how it's done. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Mark, The car has to be in gear when checking the transmission oil
        level. Have someone in the drivers seat with their foot on the brake
        peddle and set the emergency brake.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. Stude owners are the best!

Comment

Originally posted by paul shuffleburg View Post
            Mark, The car has to be in gear when checking the transmission oil
            level. Have someone in the drivers seat with their foot on the brake
            peddle and set the emergency brake.
            Run the engine and trans up to temp first as well.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
            X