1950 Champion Rear Springs and Front Seat Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Rear Springs and Front Seat Frame

My neighbor and I each have a 1950 Champion 2 door sedan. Mine is an F-3 trim line, and Joe's is an F-1 trim. Today I noticed his rear springs aren't wrapped in thin steel with a grease zerk like mine are. I also noticed his front seat cushion doesn't just lift out like mine does.

Last week I helped haul a 1950 Champion Business Coupe for a young guy, and his rear springs also didn't have the metal wrapping, but instead had the friction buttons on the leaf ends. Was this spring change a trim line item, or was it a late year change?

Also was the front seat cushion not lifting out a trim line item? Thanks, Tom

Does anyone here own the lowest trim 1950 Champions that has rear leaf springs without the metal covers?

Also does your front seat cushion easily lift out?

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
      Does anyone here own the lowest trim 1950 Champions that has rear leaf springs without the metal covers?

Also does your front seat cushion easily lift out?
      Hey Tom
      I am not sure about the rear springs as the car is not with me at the moment but my front seat cushion does lift out......makes removing the seat simple.

Ron

Comment

Ron, what trim line is your Stude?

Comment

Working...
        X