Hi from New Member Just Bought a 1957 Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from New Member Just Bought a 1957 Golden Hawk

Hi everyone, this is a great site. I just bought a 1957 Golden Hawk, always wanted one, it doesn't run, has been sitting for 34 years. Missing supercharger, incorrect hood, engine frozen. I intend to unstick the engine first. Pictures coming as soon as the car is delivered. Gold with black, although the piece of a PO? included with paper work says Tiara gold over Arctic White?? Oh, it is serial number 100067 which makes it a very early 1957 Golden Hawk, I guess.

Hey! Welcome! Hopefully, soon, some of our "number" people (I'm not one) will chime in and give you some data regarding the number you just posted. And, advise you on what additional numbers and letters you'll find that are of significant value. Look forward to pictures and future tales. Happy to have you with us and thanks for attempting to revive another Studebaker.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Welcome aboard!
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Yes, welcome. You picked a great car to save. Once I learned to add pictures, the responses were gratifying. Good luck.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Nothing like starting at the top! .....Welcome!

Comment

Hi, Ed, and welcome aboard.

I hope your Golden Hawk's Serial Number is 6100067, since they started at 6100001. Assuming it is, that is indeed an early car; the 67th 1957 Golden Hawk built...out of 4,356! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Welcome aboard, mate and congratulations on your new project.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1969.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	1699500 Hey, I did it, posted a pic! This is all I have to show of the Hawk, I won't get it until Saturday. But waiting and dreaming about it is nice, as Kiirkegaard said, ' PleasureClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1969.jpg
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	1699500disappoints; possibility, never". (Sorry.) My Dad always had Studebakers. Oh, thanks for all the warm welcomes. I grew up with a black '51 Bullet Nose, then a '59 Lark Station Wagon, then a sweet yellow '61 Lark that still smelled new. Dad traded it in on a '65 Plymouth in '70, there weren't many Studebakers on the lot then. My Dad never cared much about cars, he just used them. He changed the oil once every spring...and then, if it was a good spring. I remember oil filters hidden by clumpy, oily deposits. Therefore, since he didn't care about cars, I love cars. I had a '63 Gt Hawk, I looked over my list of cars owned, 75, and, the '63 was noted number one. It was sold when it had too much rust, but only 54k miles! I visited South Bend in 2000, or 2001, loved it, looked at all the Studebaker stuff, buildings, the Museum, the people there seem to think, or hope, that Studebaker will still come back, I didn't burst their bubbles. There was a big Studebaker meet in town, what a great time. Oh, yeah, I didn't realize Notre Dame was there to boot. Played tennis on their courts with my wife. Anyway, Studebaker people seem like great people from all i've met. Bob Palma! thanks for responding, I read your articles in Classic Car, and Turning Wheels, really enjoy your style, it seems layed back and easy going, I enjy that.

Comment

Is this the car you purchased?

Name:	Golden Hawk.jpg
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1699510

Comment

Name:	IMG_1973.jpg
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1699562Hey, let me post the picture, it's my car! LOL

Comment

If you get the engine straightened out and are looking for supercharger parts let me know. I'll give you a good deal on the stuff I have lying around and not using.
                      Ken

Comment

Ken,
                        I'm very interested, I never thought I'd get the supercharger on again, what do you have? What is your phone number? Thanks.
                        Ed

Comment

Now THAT'S service
                          Originally posted by jd-stude View Post
                          If you get the engine straightened out and are looking for supercharger parts let me know. I'll give you a good deal on the stuff I have lying around and not using.
                          Ken
                          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Edward, I'm no expert on GHs - but I've never seen this two tone combo before,and I really like it.could it be Factory ?,wonder if it's a scarce combo
                            Originally posted by Goldenhawk67 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]46039[/ATTACH]Hey, let me post the picture, it's my car! LOL
                            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                              Edward, I'm no expert on GHs - but I've never seen this two tone combo before, and I really like it. Could it be Factory? 'Wonder if it's a scarce combo.
                              Joe, that couldn't be a 1957 two-tone combination because in 1957, the accent color was limited to the fins.

However, in 1958, two-tone Golden Hawks were sprayed like that; the fin and roof were the secondary color. The combination of White Gold Primary and Midnight Black secondary was indeed offered; George Krem's September 2007 Turning Wheels article on 1958 Golden Hawks indicates that 10 1958 Golden Hawks cars were so painted, as a matter of fact, but not 1957s. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X