'59 4E11 moves to Amarillo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59 4E11 moves to Amarillo

[)]Finally got to meet Bill Steward when he delivered the '59 4E11 today. Just like most Studebaker truck guys, Bill is just a prince of a fellow. He drove up from the Wichita Falls area with no problems, even though the overdrive was inoperative. Just thought you guys might enjoy seeing the truck with Bill standing alongside just before I drove him back to where he was staying. Actually, I let him drive the 5spd/OD Champ since he'd never driven a 5spd. Every truck guy needs to experience driving a 5spd, right?

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Wow Congratulations. You got the pink Transtar afterall. It just took its time coming to your house. Funny how that happens.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Wow Congratulations. You got the pink Transtar afterall. It just took its time coming to your house. Funny how that happens.

Mabel 1949 Champion
      1957 Silverhawk
      1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      1955 President State
      Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Hey Steve,
        Couldn't stand to be without a Transtar eh!

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar
        3E-6/7-122
        </h5>

Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Hey Steve,
          Couldn't stand to be without a Transtar eh!

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>

Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

Cool deal! The bigger wheels and cutout fenders really make that thing look tough! And well, the pink adds to that, of course.

Must be a Stude truck guy thing; my grandad has worn a cowboy hat for the past few decades now.

Oh, and before StudeGary corrects it, the Transtar name was dropped in '59.

Matthew Burnette
            '59 Scotsman
            '63 Daytona
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Cool deal! The bigger wheels and cutout fenders really make that thing look tough! And well, the pink adds to that, of course.

Must be a Stude truck guy thing; my grandad has worn a cowboy hat for the past few decades now.

Matthew Burnette
              '59 Scotsman
              '63 Daytona
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude
                Matthew Burnette
                You'll have to forgive me, I know that it is blasphemy to some[xx(], but I call all '56 to '59 trucks (except Scotsmans) and all '60 to '64 1 ton+ trucks (except Diesels) "Transtars".[^] Guess I could never figure out what happened at Stude Truck HQ in 1959...[:0][}]!!

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar
                3E-6/7-122
                </h5>

Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

Matthew Burnette
                  You'll have to forgive me, I know that it is blasphemy to some[xx(], but I call all '56 to '59 trucks (except Scotsmans) and all '60 to '64 1 ton+ trucks (except Diesels) "Transtars".[^] Guess I could never figure out what happened at Stude Truck HQ in 1959...[:0][}]!!

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>

Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Guess I could never figure out what happened at Stude Truck HQ in 1959...!!
                    You aren't the only one.. Seems as though they would have kept it continuous, however. [}] Probably the same reason that 289's weren't available in Larks and Hawks, but were in the trucks! [8]

Steve, what engine is in the 4E11?

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Guess I could never figure out what happened at Stude Truck HQ in 1959...!!
                      You aren't the only one.. Seems as though they would have kept it continuous, however. [}] Probably the same reason that 289's weren't available in Larks and Hawks, but were in the trucks! [8]

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matthew Burnette
                        Phew! Thanks Matthew[:0]. If the 4E11 is stock, it will have the 245 "Big 6". As indicated by Steve, that would have been a long drive without the o/d working![xx(]

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar
                        3E-6/7-122
                        </h5>

Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

Matthew Burnette
                          Phew! Thanks Matthew[:0]. If the 4E11 is stock, it will have the 245 "Big 6". As indicated by Steve, that would have been a long drive without the o/d working![xx(]

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar
                          3E-6/7-122
                          </h5>

Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

[b]Matthew Burnette
                            [)]Matthew, this is a 4E11 with the Commander 6 in it. The truck only has 32,000 miles on it and it really runs strong. I realize that "Transtar" isn't actually correct nomenclature for '59, but to me, it's still a Transtar. I'll probably give it the Parchment over Tahiti Coral two tone paint treatment and spruce it up a little bit.

Comment

[b]Matthew Burnette
                              [)]Matthew, this is a 4E11 with the Commander 6 in it. The truck only has 32,000 miles on it and it really runs strong. I realize that "Transtar" isn't actually correct nomenclature for '59, but to me, it's still a Transtar. I'll probably give it the Parchment over Tahiti Coral two tone paint treatment and spruce it up a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X