PDA

View Full Version : Trim pieces needed

hobiejack11
07-24-2015, 05:05 PM
I need the Studebaker badges on the hood for my recently purchased 1950 2R6. I have found the ones for the sides at one of the vendors but no luck with the two that goes on the front hood lip. Stude on one side and baker on the other. I also need an original style antenna to fill the odd shaped hole in the right fender. Any one out there got any idea where I ccould locate these animals?

StudeRich
07-24-2015, 05:16 PM
I need the Studebaker badges on the hood for my recently purchased 1950 2R6. I have found the ones for the sides at one of the vendors but no luck with the two that goes on the front hood lip. Stude. on one side and baker on the other. I also need an original style antenna to fill the odd shaped hole in the right fender. Any one out there got any idea where I could locate these animals?

The odd shaped hole in the right Fender was Owner or Dealer incorrectly placed, just weld it up.
The Correct Factory or Dealer installed Antenna goes on the rear of the Left Fender and is round.

Skip Lackie
07-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Stude Intl has the 2R hood lip emblems.

Rich is correct that the hole for the truck radio antenna is round. However, the instructions state that the template could be flipped over if the owner wanted the antenna on the right hand side. Since the radio was (more or less) in the center of the dash, it didn't really matter. The same antenna was used on the later C-cab trucks, where the location of the Transtar radio was almost random.