Collectible Automobile article on S-P 1954-58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectible Automobile article on S-P 1954-58

Got my October (!!??) 2015 copy of CA today. The cover features a head on view of a '54 Commander Starlight and inside is the featured article entitled "In It Together: Studebaker and Packard, 1954-58" by Richard Langworth, a very good writer. Haven't sat down to read it yet, but there are lots of great photos of Studes and Packards from those years. It should be a good read.

Along with Hemmings Classic Car, my favorite magazine. Cannot find another one that compares to these two. Anyone have one they recommend?
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

That Packard plant was another beautiful building that met a terrible end.
      Did the Packard plant remain in full operation during the 54-58 years?

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
        Along with Hemmings Classic Car, my favorite magazine. Cannot find another one that compares to these two. Anyone have one they recommend?
        Yes. AutoRestorer magazine. Pure reading. No ads. Feature cars and How-To's.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
          That Packard plant was another beautiful building that met a terrible end.
          Did the Packard plant remain in full operation during the 54-58 years?
          I would think it would have until "1956" Production ended in 1956 in Detroit.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X