PDA

View Full Version : Free C/K stuff (NW Washington)

MChance
07-20-2015, 03:08 PM
I need to clear out some room so this stuff is up for grabs. Any NW Washington members want/need any of this?? (Please.. local pickup only as shipping it is not an option).

More pictures on the add I have on Craigslist

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/5131976950.html

wolfie
07-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Wow!! Someone needs to put this stuff to use. If it was anywhere on the east coast I would unite that 56 Hawk hood with a car that needs it badly. Steve

Guido
07-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Perhaps a relay to St. Louis?

MChance
07-20-2015, 07:02 PM
Wow!! Someone needs to put this stuff to use. If it was anywhere on the east coast I would unite that 56 Hawk hood with a car that needs it badly. Steve

Steve, The hood pictured is crusty, rust at the front and the corners have been repaired in the distant past, I do have two more 56 specific hoods that I would entertain offers on, one is decent the other is nice (again shipping is an issue).
I also have a rolling solid 55 Champ Coupe project, (with enough to make it look like a 53) and a running 60 Hawk that could find new homes.
(I really need to get down to only 2 Stude projects)

53commander
07-20-2015, 07:07 PM
You're very generous :!: too bad I'm on the opposite coast.

starliner62
07-20-2015, 08:26 PM
I'm in need of a 56 hood also.

Mrs K Corbin
07-21-2015, 10:04 AM
I just saw a thread on a guy looking for a '60 Hawk.... Hmmmmm

mbstude
07-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Do you have any '53 grille shells and bars? Mine are pretty rough.

I know, but it's worth asking!

Wish you were closer.

57pack
07-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Very generous, I also gave away some extra Studebaker collection of parts and made more room in my garage for more Studebaker parts.:woot:
Found a home for a bell housing, transmission, and a 57 front bumper and valance.
Also have a 57 clear windshield in the yard to find a home for. Ashly in North Carolina spoke for it for her Scotsman but, haven't heard from her for a while.:(

MChance
07-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Do you have any '53 grille shells and bars? Mine are pretty rough.

I know, but it's worth asking!

Wish you were closer.

Sorry to say, I have no extras, I am also hunting for nice ones as mine are also rough. I do know of a re-chromed set that I will probably get, and an NOS set that are way above my budget

Roscomacaw
07-21-2015, 07:59 PM
There's two whole sets of C-K ('53) chrome about two hours north of me. One set comes with a car attached and said car is horribly rusted. Price is negotiable, but in the couple hundred dollar range. I was tempted, but managed to stick to my pledge of dragging home no more South Bend scrap metal. Photos I've seen look promising as far as the brightwork's concerned. I have contact info, but don't call the guy and ask if you can do him a favor by hauling it off. I feel like just one set of brightwork is worth more than he wants for the whole mess.

mbstude
07-21-2015, 08:39 PM
There's two whole sets of C-K ('53) chrome about two hours north of me. One set comes with a car attached and said car is horribly rusted. Price is negotiable, but in the couple hundred dollar range. I was tempted, but managed to stick to my pledge of dragging home no more South Bend scrap metal. Photos I've seen look promising as far as the brightwork's concerned. I have contact info, but don't call the guy and ask if you can do him a favor by hauling it off. I feel like just one set of brightwork is worth more than he wants for the whole mess.

I'd jump on it in a heartbeat but I'm 3000 miles away.

MChance
07-21-2015, 09:34 PM

Even though I really do not need another 53 I sure could use some nice brightwork, What location/city is about two hours north of you?

silverhawk1958
07-23-2015, 09:36 AM
Any chance either of the steering columns are from a four speed car? I need the ring without the shifter for my Hawk.

MChance
07-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Any chance either of the steering columns are from a four speed car? I need the ring without the shifter for my Hawk.

Sorry no 4 spd column pieces, all these were 53-56's and 3 spds

MChance
07-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Thanks to Hausdok and one another local chapter member all has been spoken for.