• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude 3x2 bbl set up and more ( M series ) on Atlanta Craig's

Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Looks kinda like a modified Caddy intake ?? That's over in Jerry Forrester's territory. Truck might not be a bad deal

Comment

Definitely NOT a 51 Champion engine or trans...
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Definitely a Caddy intake..
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

That looks like a full flow engine, but there are no caps on the valve covers nor a stand pipe with a vent. I wonder if that engine ran like that?
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
            That looks like a full flow engine, but there are no caps on the valve covers nor a stand pipe with a vent. I wonder if that engine ran like that?
            That's one of those engines you see advertised all the time "uses no oil"
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Are my eyes deceiving me? Does the manifold say CASO on one of the runners? Coincidence or not?
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

If someone here buys it, I might be interested in the intake and carbs..

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                  I noticed that too. How would you change the oil? Also noticed,the intake and carbs are not bolted down. Just sitting there posing for pictures.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Looks like it says CASD
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

FWIW, some years back, one of our members paid big bucks for a similar setup and then was surprised when the tall 3-bolt carbs plus the tall adapter wouldn't fit under the hood of his C/K.

Sell the 3-bolt carbs and adapters to some HAMBurger to recoup enough money to buy the correct 4-bolt carbs and it still probably won't fit under the hood of a C/K, but it would look good on a pickup or Lark.

jack vines
                      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                        FWIW, some years back, one of our members paid big bucks for a similar setup and then was surprised when the tall 3-bolt carbs plus the tall adapter wouldn't fit under the hood of his C/K.

Sell the 3-bolt carbs and adapters to some HAMBurger to recoup enough money to buy the correct 4-bolt carbs and it still probably won't fit under the hood of a C/K, but it would look good on a pickup or Lark.

jack vines
                        Exactly why I've turned down 2 of those setups so far. I'd buy a setup to play with if one came up really cheap, but.. I honestly don't think the 53's hood would close over it.

Comment

No one has mentioned it yet, but it looks like the intake manifold is not bolted to the engine either. I wonder if it actually fits?
                          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Has anyone ever had any first hand experience with the Cad 3x2 under a C/K hood?

I know from experience the Cad 2x4 is tight with the stock Rochesters, but with the ever-so-slightly shorter AFBs and a Corvette-style air filter, I did get the hood to close.

jack vines
                            PackardV8

Comment

I'm wondering about 3x2's on a Studebaker manifold in a Hawk? I'll be using Rochester 2g's. Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X