63 Lark fuel pump help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 63 Lark fuel pump help needed

Seems the fuel pump on the 63 Lark OHC 6 that I'm trying to sell for my brother's widow isn't working.

What are the odds of me buying one from a local "auto parts store"?
    Have a guy coming to look at the car tomorrow and it wont start, no fuel coming into the clear plastic fuel filter before the pump and no fuel in carb.

I did get it running 2 weeks ago using starter fluid but now it wont do that as no fuel gets pumped into the fuel filter.

Could I just run a gas can with a little electric fuel pump attached as a temporary fix just to show the buyer that the motor runs?

Pics of pump and carb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0845[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	1748167
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0848[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1748168

so once you started it with the starter fluid the car ran ???? If so, not a fuel pump problem...maybe. I don't know why, but I had the same problem with my 63' Lark 6. I had to be careful whenever I drove any distance from home, and how long I left the car sit. If it sat for more than a few hours....I had to prime the carb. I condemned the newly rebuilt RBS as the problem.

Comment

Can you replace the Fuel Pump? If you remove the fuel line from the Carb and crank the engine over it should show fuel coming out. Or it may be a stuck float in the Carb. If this is the case the top of the carb needs to be removed and the floats needle and seat needs cleaned. If the car has set for a time this float can stick.

Comment

Can't locate a fuel pump locally.
        Where can I get one online and what should I look for as far as original, rebuilt, whatever.

Comment

I got one last year for my 62 6cyl from Autozone. About $50. and took 3 days. I just checked the box in my trunk, it is an Airtex brand, Number 4706. Gordon

Comment

Working...
          X