PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Upper Mississippi Valley Zone Meet

BShaw
07-16-2015, 09:58 PM
North Star Chapter is working hard to get things ready to kick off the Zone Meet tomorrow. I will be posting pictures to our Photobucket album each day. Member Ed Bauer did a great job creating his special "Hard Luck" and "Long Distance" Trophies. Check it out from time to time.

http://tinyurl.com/2015UMVZoneMeet

Deaf Mute
07-17-2015, 08:54 AM
We will be arriving before Noon today & hope to NOT win the Hard Luck award... we did that in St. Louis a couple years ago (nice trophy though).
See you soon, Bob.

COMMANDERPINK1
07-17-2015, 01:54 PM
I am hating the fact that Im missing the Zone Meet this year, but family business commitments have us in Dallas at the same time. Enjoy !!, my Studebaker family and cant wait to see photos of the event.
Tom

BShaw
07-17-2015, 08:07 PM
I just uploaded another 47 photos to the Photobucket album. Some very nice Studebakers at our Zone Meet.

http://tinyurl.com/2015UMVZoneMeet

Jeff_H
07-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Darn, wish I could be there. I see some "new" vehicles like that lime green '60 conv and the firetruck behind Ernie Loga and also spotted that 1915? hearse I recall showed up at the Int'l meet in Redwing back in 2001. I actually drove through Annandale last week friday on my way to Becker to acquire a 30' utility pole for the farm (quite the adventure getting that home!)....

I've been working pretty hard all week to get a bunch of stuff done for when I am on vacation next week. Also, the SHTF on something else and I was in a conf call until 5:30 with customer and part supplier and some management today.

RIP Jim Ringquist. I see his '55 sedan is there.

Deaf Mute
07-17-2015, 10:57 PM
Jim's car has a for sale sign in the window. :(

bob40
07-18-2015, 02:15 AM
I was only there for a short time today,be there longer tomorrow.Managed to find and buy 2 1936 Dictator gauge clusters and a '36 glove box door a vendor had.
Now to find a '36 Dictator coupe ;)
Bad storms rolled through late this evening.Straight line winds of up to 70 mph,torrential rain.Hopefully no damage happened.

BShaw
07-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Fortunately, the storm (which spawned a tornado in Watertown) did not damage anything at the Zone Meet. Yesterday (Saturday) was a beautiful day (but hot) and we had a great meet. Thanks so much to everyone from MN, WS, IA, IL, MO and Even ND who attended. We'll have a lot more pics on our Photobucket album in the next day or two.

Really looking forward to next year in Kansas City hosted by the Heart of America Chapter.

studeski
07-20-2015, 01:36 PM
The Meet was great! Really well organized. Had a great time! Plenty of cars and good people. The traffic around the twin cities sucked. I will say that it appears that the PC police have invaded. The plaques say First Award, Second Award and Third Award. Rather than First Place, etc. Where did that come from?

TWChamp
07-20-2015, 01:52 PM
The Meet was great! Really well organized. Had a great time! Plenty of cars and good people. The traffic around the twin cities sucked. I will say that it appears that the PC police have invaded. The plaques say First Award, Second Award and Third Award. Rather than First Place, etc. Where did that come from?

This PC crap drives me nuts. Next thing you know little kids can't play cowboys and Indians anymore.
It will have to be "cowpersons and native Americans". LOL

plwindish
07-20-2015, 04:11 PM
My wife and I had a nice drive to and enjoyed a great weekend in Annandale at the Meet. Great job North Star Chapter! I really like the Long Distance Award!!

BShaw
07-20-2015, 09:50 PM
I will say that it appears that the PC police have invaded. The plaques say First Award, Second Award and Third Award. Rather than First Place, etc. Where did that come from?

Well, Claude, you can blame me for the plaques. I used those words for the sole reason of doing it a bit differently. Perhaps I should have used Win, Place and Show. :D

Glad you enjoyed the meet. Also glad they got that wireless microphone to work!

candbstudebakers
07-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Just got home from the 5,000 mile round trip, California to Annedale, and back to California with some miles to Hibbing, Minnesota and also to the Twin City's twice. things went well on the trip in the motor home but with the wife being HC things got hectic at time to say the least. My motor home is in the back ground of some of the pictures but did not bring any Studebakers . This might be the last trip I make to Minnesota for a couple of reasons, hope to see some of my friends from over the years in Saint Louis. After making this trip with HC wife she will not be in Saint Louis, my friend Ian Mackellar from Australia is coming over so it will be him and I like old times.

skyway
07-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Bob,
Sorry that your wife is not up for St. Louis.
See you soon.
Gary K

Milaca
07-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Glad to hear that you made it back okay Bob Peterson, that's a LOT of driving!

A big THANK YOU to Bob Shaw and everyone else that ran the show, you all deserve a round of applause!

I have several photos of French Lake Auto Parts salvage yard to share as well as a video of the meet but I have been busy and will not get them posted until this weekend (if not later).

BShaw
07-24-2015, 12:15 PM
John and Diane Crooks of the Heart of America Chapter just posted a bunch of nice photos from the Zone Meet on their website. The link is:
http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/studebu/slideshow/2015%20Zone%20Meet?sort=3

BTW, The HOA Chapter is hosting the 2016 UMV Zone Meet on June 3-4 in Kansas City. Hey, let's ALL go!

Here's an aerial of our meet:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff125/NorthStarSDC/2015%20Upper%20Mississippi%20Valley%20Zone%20Meet/2015%20Zone%20Meet%20aerial.jpg (http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NorthStarSDC/media/2015%20Upper%20Mississippi%20Valley%20Zone%20Meet/2015%20Zone%20Meet%20aerial.jpg.html)