T-10 4 speeds for sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-10 4 speeds for sell

I have 2 T-10 4 speeds for sale. One from a 63 GT and the other from a 61 Hawk. Can deliver to St Louis. Email popnmimi66@gmail.com

Do you have the Special Clutch Housing to fit the Chevy. Case '61?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have nothing for a Chevy

Comment

The '61 and some '62 Studebakers version of the Borg Warner T-10 4 Speed uses a Chev. Bolt Pattern Case which requires the matching Studebaker Clutch housing to fit a Chevy Case Trans. to a Studebaker V8.

The '63 and '64 version uses a Studebaker and Ford case and fits Studebaker V8 3 Speed Clutch Housings, a '61 trans. does NOT.
        StudeRich
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          The '61 and some '62 Studebakers version of the Borg Warner T-10 4 Speed uses a Chev. Bolt Pattern Case which requires the matching Studebaker Clutch housing to fit a Chevy Case Trans. to a Studebaker V8.

The '63 and '64 version uses a Studebaker and Ford case and fits Studebaker V8 3 Speed Clutch Housings, a '61 trans. does NOT.
          The '61 and ALL '62 T-10 4 speeds used the wide (Chevrolet) bolt pattern - not just "some" 62 models. The Chassis Parts Catalog clearly supports this fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
            The '61 and ALL '62 T-10 4 speeds used the wide (Chevrolet) bolt pattern - not just "some" 62 models. The Chassis Parts Catalog clearly supports this fact.
            Yeah you are probably right, I HAD it at "All '62's" until my Trigger Shy thought of saying "All" that someone can always come up with a one-off exception kicked in.

Anyway the POINT remains the same, Early 4 Speeds and Later ones are NOT the same and the Chevy Case Clutch housings are harder to find to install them.
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Avanti's prior to serial 63R1086 were on 62 chassis and the front sway bar mounts, rear shock mounts, and 4 speed mountings were all of the 1962 variety.

Comment

T-10 photo

Originally posted by olasar View Post
                I have 2 T-10 4 speeds for sale. One from a 63 GT and the other from a 61 Hawk. Can deliver to St Louis. Email popnmimi66@gmail.com
                Attached is photo of the two T-10 transmissions.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by olasar View Post
                  As asked by others, do you have the Bell Housing that belongs to each trans, or just the trans? The Chevy Style T10 can be used in other cars, but only on Studes with the very limited supply bell housing used from 1960 till about mid production 61 near the 62 model change over on T10 equipped Hawks.

Comment

Left to right, Chevy, Ford and T86 3 OD.

Comment

To clarify what Alan said, that would be a Chevy case T-10 for '61-'62 Stude. V8, and Ford case for '63-'64 Stude. V8 and a Long Tail T-86 Overdrive for a '58 to '64 Stude. V8, the latter, I guess is NOT for sale.
                      StudeRich
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Pm sent thanks lugamatic

Comment

Is that 'long tail' T-86 up for grabs?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                            Is that 'long tail' T-86 up for grabs?
                            I have the bell housing for the 4 speed on the left {chev}. The trans on the right I believe is a T-96 and it also is up for grabs

Comment

What is the asking price(s)?
                              Rob in PA.

Comment

Working...
                              X