Avanti ignition shields wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition: Avanti ignition shields wanted

Anyone have a nice used set of ignition shields for sale? Just looking to spend a little less than SI cost. They will look good on the supercharger project.

JK

I have several N.O.S Right Side Spark Plug covers Part #1556944 $15.00 each plus shipping.
    John

Comment

Jon, try getting a hold of Dwayne Jacobsen, I believe his business is named Wisconsin Studebaker. Not positive though. He is in the central part of the state, I think west of Oshkosh, and he has several Avanti parts cars. He might be able to help you out. He sometimes advertises in Turning Wheels, so that might help you find him. Bill

Comment

JLB,

PM'd you.

JK

Comment

Bill,

I called DJ already and he is looking.

JK

Comment

Sorry Jon...but again, with all the bare aluminum you have, I don't think chrome would "fit". Stick with the bare aluminum theme, it will serve you well. Don't mix "looks".

If you want covers, I'd get some aluminum sheet and start fabing the pieces of alum. stock, then shot blast it when done.
            THAT would look good.

One of the best looking engines I've seen...was years ago, in a boat. Big Chevy, LOTS of aluminum. It ALL (blower, manifold, heads, rocker covers, etc) was Scotchbrited, all of the grain was going in the same direction...beautiful.
            The second best was similar, only all of the aluminum was shot blasted (not sand !). Again, 6-71 blower on a big Chevy, all of the aluminum had the same finish, shot blasted with a dark grey block.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

I can glass bead the stainless and get a "cast Aluminum" look and not have to re-polish the shelf wear. The blower case is not polished for now but could be, it would have added 10 weeks to the lead time on getting it. You have a good point on the mixing finishes though.

Later,

JK
              Last edited by 3x2stude; 07-17-2015, 06:33 PM. Reason: Forgot entry

Comment

Dwayne is set up in Annandale at the Zone Meet this weekend... ALL MIDWESTERNERS OUGHT TO BE HERE !
                Next year the UMVZ meet will be in Kansas City, June 3 & 4, 2016 for more info: http://studebu.tripod.com
                Be there... or be square ... we hope you will be joining us

Comment

Working...
                X