Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Champ 3/4 T, back on the road, as EV

Hi,

I'm in the process of completing a total overhaul of the 5E12 Champ that I have owned since '77. This time I decided to go electric. Here are a couple of pics, there are more at www.ElectricStudebaker.com

I will be selling the 289 V8 and other left over parts. I would appreciate any advice on how to get those parts into the "right" hands.

Keep on truckin'

Rich

Attached Files

Welcome Rich, I really like Your Champ "I favor the Champs" looks nice painted White,and that stance is killer especially with a 3/4 ton Truck. how did you achieve the lowering process ?,have You had any trouble with the front tires rubbing the fenders ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Very Nice, How many Batteries are in that Champ? Top speed?, and How far on a charge? Too many questions as iv'e been Contemplating an electric Henry J.
      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Our Industrial Design guys "required" that we lower the truck. I agree, it looks great. Rubbing tires are a big issue right now, but I will get new wheels/tires soon to solve that problem (I hope).

To lower it, we placed a 3" block between the rear axle and the springs. In front, we place the springs under the axle instead of on top. We had to lengthen the shackles in the very front to raise it back an inch.

I have a lot to ring out yet, but it's coming together. The final paint job will have an orange roof and orange details (somewhere).

Comment

CALB CA180FI 180Ah LiFePo4 - 101 of them, top speed... don't know yet, 70+ mph, range... hoping for 120+ miles. Lots of details in the early posts at electricStudebaker.com

Comment

Wow, that's an incredible project. Very professional. Congratulations on your hard work.
            Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
            X