1950 2R16 master cylinder replacement suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: 1950 2R16 master cylinder replacement suggestions

I ordered a new master cylinder from SI for my firetruck, but just found out that they no longer have any.
    I havent removed my existing master cylinder yet, and may be able to rebuild it if it isnt too rusty (though I currently cant remove the filler cap as it is corroded in place and the wrench hex twisted/broke off).
    Before I attempt to rebuild it (assuming a rebuild kit is available), does anyone have a suggestion for a late model replacement?
    This is a non-Hydrovac truck and perhaps I should attempt to improve the brake performance?
    Any thoughts?
    Thank you,
    Brent
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Take it to Napa, there's an existing Forklift master Cylinder that's a direct fit for trucks....
    also, the stude vendors should stock it.

- - - Updated - - -

Take it to Napa, there's an existing Forklift master Cylinder that's a direct fit for trucks....
    also, the stude vendors should stock it.

Your wheel cylinders on the other hand, that could be interesting......

Comment

Give me the part number of the master cylinder you need and I will check if we have it in stock.
      Even the casting number will do.
      Robert Kapteyn
      815 722 7262

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
        Give me the part number of the master cylinder you need and I will check if we have it in stock.
        Even the casting number will do.
        Robert Kapteyn
        815 722 7262
        Wagner FE-2695
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Hey Bob: probably need to keep an eye out for him some wheel cyls too.... probably gonna need em.

Comment

Working...
          X