No announcement yet.

Horn #1555002 Application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Horn #1555002 Application?

I recently ordered a distributor rotor (1555502) from one of my favorite Stude vendors, and received a horn instead (#1555002). I cannot find the horn part number in any of my sources.

Can anyone tell me what the horn fits?

Thanks

A studebaker

Comment

GT Hawk Hi tone horn. If you own a Hawk you may have just got a nice bonus!

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
        GT Hawk Hi tone horn. If you own a Hawk you may have just got a nice bonus!
        Thanks much.
        Not a bonus, as they charged $95 for it. No problem, its just a PITA to send it back. It was a new person on the phone when I placed the order, and she seemed a little disoriented.
        Thanks again

Comment

I hope this new Girl doesn't get in trouble for the mistake,put in a good word Joe
          Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
          Thanks much.
          Not a bonus, as they charged $95 for it. No problem, its just a PITA to send it back. It was a new person on the phone when I placed the order, and she seemed a little disoriented.
          Thanks again
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

GT Hawk high tone horns are hard to come by!

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
              GT Hawk high tone horns are hard to come by!
              But they don't fit in the distributor very well, would make for a very "noisy" engine.

Comment

I seriously doubt that the 1555002 Hawk Horn was even supposed to be SOLD!
                Usually rare, NLA, one left in stock items are kept for possible reproduction.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Okay--the vendor erred, ask them to send the original order overnight delivery with a prepaid return label for the wrong item, credit your account (credit card) and charge you the correct amount for the part you ordered. I'd think any vendor here would be glad to do that, you won't even have to leave the house. Just slap the new label on the old box and hand it back to the UPS, FedEx, or USPS guy.

Comment

Its really no problem as I have had MANY pleasant transactions with this vendor, and crap happens. I spoke to them this AM, and then asked the wife to mail it back today. If I'd known the horn was worth more than the $95 I was charged, I mighta auctioned it off here

Reason I asked about the part # here was just out of curiosity to find out what the heck it was they sent me. I could see it was a horn, but not sure for what. Bob was real helpful in informing me it is for a Studebaker

Comment

Working...
                    X