PDA

View Full Version : Transmission: Anyone have a source for a bushing removal...

64V-K7
07-07-2015, 02:57 PM
....tool for the Powershift extension housing.

Need to replace both bushing and seal.

thx

Dwain G.
07-07-2015, 09:33 PM
A lot of auto parts stores have the bushing remover for loan or rent.

HAWK64
07-07-2015, 10:15 PM
I expand the aluminium housing at the bush end in hot water & use an appropriate drift to drive the bush out. Reverse the procedure to fit the new bush. Good luck.

altair
07-12-2015, 03:54 AM
I have used a size for size threading tap, turn it in the bushing and if it has a bottom it will pull out as you turn it in, if no bottom thread the tap in and grab it with a vise grip and extract with a hammer tapping on the vice grip.

64V-K7
07-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Thanks all, I found a shop to do it fairly cheap. Also met and talked to the guy that did the work and he's a "Rare Commodity". Much older fellow than the 'boss' who took the job. The phone call came about it being ready for pickup and back I go. He lifts the carton over the counter with the housing and other bits. Everything looked fine, as I had supplied an NOS bushing asking them to find a seal and pan gasket. There's an oil channel in the base of the housing that had to line up with the bushing and I was concerned about it.
So the tariff was paid and I then asked about their advertisement regarding early Jaguar tranny's. As we talked, I heard a voice on the other side of the partition say " ask him what year...." I said "1955". Out walks this aged gent in his clean blue coveralls. "You mean the American built ones?" he says.. " Yes, I know them pretty well.. So a short conversation ensued and we parted company. Good to know there's still support out there...