PDA

View Full Version : Greenville, PA car show this Sat., July 4--no chance of rain as of now!

Bill Pressler
07-01-2015, 06:49 AM
This is just a friendly reminder that the Greenville, PA car show is this Saturday, July 4. This is my hometown and I like this show--last year, 500 cars attended! It's a small town of 5,900 with an old-fashioned Main St. Greenville is in NW PA and is the home of Thiel College. Registration for the show is free, first 175 registrants get a tee shirt free and last year about one in three registrants got a free bottle of wine!

The Greenville Area Historical Society will be open, as are the Erie Extension Canal museum and the Greenville Railroad Museum. The historical society displays a 1913 Empire touring automobile, built in Greenville. All three museums are smallish but nice for a small town. The rail museum is within very short walking distance of where we plan to group Studebakers, at the east end of the show street and at the intersection of Main St. and College Avenue.

Greenville is at the intersections of PA routes 358, 58, and 18. It is nine miles west of U.S. Route 19 and 13 miles west of Interstate 79. It is 17 miles north of Interstate 80 from the Hermitage, PA exit.

"Official" car show hours are 2-6, but I believe if you're not there before noon you could have trouble finding a spot.

If you come from the west, at the bottom of the West Main St. hill at the red light, right in front of the police station and in front of the big painted wall that says "Welcome to Greenville"-- if you find Main St. congested with old cars, turn either right or left at that intersection and go one block and take the eastbound Clinton St. or Shenango St. which run parallel to Main St. When you get to College Avenue (big Sheetz there), return to the Main St. intersection and Studebakers will gather in front of Shelly Memorial, owned by SDC members Darlene and Harley Cook. Their restrooms and air-conditioned showroom are available for Stude owners. Light refreshments will be served too.

The weather is supposed to be high of 82 and no chance of showers, as of now!

We are planning to have access to the historic Gibson House, just behind where the Studes will gather. It's a grand house built in 1881 and is undergoing some restoration.

Any questions, call me at 330-221-5904 or PM me here. Thanks, hope to see you there!

Bill Pressler