1952 1/2 ton Pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 1/2 ton Pickup question

I had a question asked of me by phone today, but I do not have the knowledge to answer it. I know it is in an Issue of TW for sure, but I alsoknow that someone here can answer quicker than I might be able to look it up. Here is the gentleman's question. He is inquiring about a 1952 1/2 ton pickup truck that his father bought new. He thinks it is a 2R4?? He says it had a Commander engine and overdrive. He would like to know what the original purchase price was. Thanks in advance for the response. Gordon

If it has a Commander engine (245) it is a 2R6 , the smaller engine would make it a 2R5 . No such thing as a 2R4
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Commander engine is likely a 2R-6. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

The Stude truck history:

shows the factory delivered price of a 1950-model 2R5 pickup with box as $1342.28. Note that that is for a 1950 model with the smaller Champion engine. 1950-52 inflation might have added another $10 to the price, and the Commander engine probably added another $100 or so. (Don't have access to my books this week, so can't check.) Note also that those prices do not include the price of common accessories, like overdrive, RH arm rest and sun visor, heater, cigarette lighter, rear bumper, directional signals, etc. One would have to know exactly how the vehicle was equipped, and on what date it was purchased to generate an accurate figure.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Stu, and others, Thanks for the responses. You guys are the best!! I will advise the guy. Thanks again, Gordon

Comment

Working...
          X