Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to mount aftermarket fuse box in a truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Where to mount aftermarket fuse box in a truck.

I am still working on my kids 56 Studebaker Transtar Truck and I have decided to rewire the whole truck. I purchased a aftermarket wiring harness and trying to locate the best place to put it. I have done this before on other cars, but always put them under the dash on the left side..
    Well the pickup as you probably know doesn't really have an "under the dash" location as the gauges and all mount in the firewall.
    Looked all in the cab and can't really find a good place to mount it where it is out of the way an not easily visible. I am thinking of mounting it behind the gauges in the engine compartment.

Has anyone else used an aftermarket fuse box/wiring harness on a truck and where did you mount it?

Thanks

"I am thinking of mounting it behind the gauges in the engine compartment."

That's not a bad idea. Then make a cover for the engine side of the dash to hide all of the gauges and wiring.

Comment

Fuse Panel

Here is where it was put on my '57 Transtar. I have since covered it up to protect it from the elements. Not saying it is ideal, but I have been using the truck since 2007 without any electrical issues.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0052.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1699060
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Mark67 I was thinking of putting mine in the same spot but standing it up on an "L" bracket. I was afraid water would get into it and short it out laying flat like that.

That's a cool looking cover mbstude wish my fab skills were that good.

Comment

Working...
        X