A Happy Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Happy Day

Since Friday, I have driven the 62GT around 475 miles, and probably grinned from ear to ear all the way. No accidents, breakdowns, failures, weird noises, smells, etc., to provoke anxiety. Just happy motoring, at over 20 MPG.

I realize anything could happen at any moment, but just hope I have many more happy days to come, behind the wheel of a Stude

Good for you Joe!...But you need to lose the anxiety about what COULD go wrong.....Accidents, breakdowns, etc. can happen with any car you may choose to drive, I mean, look at at all the service/body shops around the country!

Folks need to check over their Studebakers to make sure they're mechanically A-OK, then get out there and DRIVE them. (Everyday!)

Comment

LOL Ed,
      I only tend to experience reactive anxiety, i.e. if driving along and all is well- no anxiety. But, if all of a sudden I heard a loud knock from under the hood, saw steam or smoke coming from under the hood, or smelled burning rubber, anxiety would likely set in quickly. Otherwise, its a happy day. In retrospect, I have had thousands of happy days in Studes, and only a few anxious ones.

The more we drive them, the better we get to know our Studes. I discovered something new Friday night, when caught in a rain storm for about 100 miles: To keep the windows crystal clear of fog, turn the heater valve open, the defroster fan on hi, and the AC on low. I tried this after noticing our modern brand x's, the AC comes on automatically when the windshield defroster is turned on, which quickly clears the windshield; it works the same way in the Stude GT. So we never quit learning about our Studes, and that makes them even more fun to drive, especially when something works as well as this trick does

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
        To keep the windows crystal clear of fog, turn the heater valve open, the defroster fan on hi, and the AC on low.
        Yes, the AC dries the air and the heater heats it. Nothing will clear the inside of a windshield faster that warm, dry air.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
        X