1950 2R16A fuel pump identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 1950 2R16A fuel pump identification

I have the fuel pump apart on my fire truck and I find that the diaphragm is crumbling apart.
    I look in the Stude-Intl catalog and it mentions both single and dual action fuel pumps for 1950 2R-series trucks.
    They mention a four digit "flange" number but I am unable to find any number.
    I either want to buy a new pump or a rebuild kit for the one that I have but I don't know what I need. Help me please!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

The four digit 'flange' numbers are stamped on the edge of the pump mounting flange. They are usually the last four numbers of the maker's (not Studebaker) part number.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

The First thing to determine is if your Truck has a Vacuum Windshield Wiper assist setup to a Dual Action Pump for boosting the Wipers. So if it has only ONE Diaphragm, you need not worry about what Number it is.

Also remembering that a 2R16A has a 245 C.I.D. Big Six not a 169 Champion Engine.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Just to add some basic help to identify the pumps, the dual diaphram pumps on my cars all have a glass sediment bowl filter next to the top diaphram for the fuel pump. This diaphram is also a bit smaller and held in place by 6 screws. The bottom larger diaphram is the vacuum pump and is held in place by 8 screws. Commanders came standard with the dual diaphram pumps in 1950, but it was an option on my Champions. I don't know what came standard on the trucks with the larger Commander engine.

Comment

Here's an example of the common dual diaphram fuel pump, although this one is for the Champion, and as Rich said, you need one for the larger Commander engine.

Comment

I looked again and there isn't a number stamped on the mount flange, but it is apparently a single-action pump.
            Thank you all for your help.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
            X