1950 Champion Kick Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Kick Panels

Hey Studebaker land, I'm looking to replace the kick panels in my 1950 Champion but now sure how. The ones that are on currently, are attached by five screws along the long straight edge of the panel closest to the door but I see nothing attaching the other edges of the panel. Are they glued on or what? Any ideas? Trying to find out before I try and R&R with new panels. Please let me know, thanks.

I don't recall what held the front edge, but will be replacing mine soon. I bought two nice pairs of replacement panels for $25/pr at the South Bend swap a couple months ago.

I'm away from home for a couple days, or I'd run out and look for you.
    Last edited by TWChamp; 06-27-2015, 03:44 AM.

Comment

it appears that Studebaker International has the kick panels with a choice of colors. part# 800832R at $33.50 a pair.

hope this helps.

EDIT: i just checked my '51. it just has 5 screws next to the door - nothing up front holding them down...
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Hi TWChamp, I'm watching some on eBay right now for about $30 but before I purchase, I want be sure I know how appropriately R&R the old ones. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi Covanti, yeah I'm tracking a set on eBay for about $30 bucks but I wanted to be sure I knew how replace them without buggering up the job. I'm guessing with nothing on the front end of the panel, it must be the stiffness of the panel itself, which is holding the front end down. Guess I'll know for sure when I remove the old panels. Thanks

Comment

the "stiffness" seems to be how mine are. whenever i need to get behind them for any reason, i might put some velcro on the front. i wouldn't want to glue the front portion - that would tear them up if needed to take them off...
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

The screws are all that attach them. The way they are designed the door vent mechs or door on the right side along with the floor seem to hold them in just fine. They might orig have been glued on something but I did not find a need to use anything on mine
              Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I haven't found any that were glued or screwed at the front. A tight fit, and perhaps a carpet, floor mat or cowl panel kept them where intended.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hi Corvanti, I thought of using Velcro strips in the event the stiffness of the panel isn't enough to keep the front end pressed up against the side. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X