Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1748039Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0786.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1748040
    David G. Nittler

Wow David, now that we can actually see the extent of the damage.......that is such a sad sight. Thank goodness you were not hurt tho

The car looks like a very well kept/maintained original.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Fixable. I have done worse. One needs a good frame and body guy have at it.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I agree. Nice car and fixable though an insurance company will want to "total" it. I hope you have kept your agreed value up to its current value.
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I agree with bezhawk and I think I'd find the best (usually most expensive) frame and body shop to have her pulled straight. The car deserves fixing and thank goodness you didn't suffer any injuries, except your pride of course.
          Bill

Comment

It does look as though She went Left to try to miss it which always makes the damage worse shoving only the one side forward, in this case with a good amount of force.

That is definitely hard to look at.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

David:
              I'm really sorry to hear about this. I was looking forward to seeing you and the Lark at one of the meetings soon or maybe driving to St. Louis together. What a shame. I hope that you do get enough from her insurance company (she does have insurance doesn't she?) to fix it right.
              Let me know if I can help with anything.
              Nick

Comment

There's a local club member here with a '51 sedan. He owns a business downtown and has parked the car against the curb every day for years to attract customers. A drunk driver slammed into the back of the car while it was parked and the damage was pretty similar to your car.

I don't know the details of how it worked with the insurance companies, but the car was repaired. The body shop cut the rear "inner" structure and rear frame rail from a parts car, grafted the new parts in, and replaced the bolt on sheetmetal. Today you can't tell the car was ever damaged.

I don't see any reason why your car can't be repaired. I'd almost bet that Studebaker International has every single thing you need NOS to repair it.

Good luck! And remember, it's just metal and it can be fixed.

Comment

Those photos make my back and neck sore..

There is a '61 parts car on family property in Milam county, but it is a six cylinder, 2 door sedan.

Good luck.

Comment

Absolutely very flexible. Refer to the long post of advice I gave you in your original thread.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      I'd almost bet that Studebaker International has every single thing you need NOS to repair it.

Good luck! And remember, it's just metal and it can be fixed.
                      I believe you're right, Matt; everything except the taillights.

Craig

Comment

So how are YOU doing Dave? Did you have lap belts at least? What did the collision do to you and your occupants? I'm very sorry for the damage to that very nice, clean car, and very happy you're not injured.

Comment

Do you have an idea of any body shops in your area you feel would do this job right?

Comment

A good body and frame guy can fix it problem is labor cost will total it. Not that it can't be fixed just the cost will be more than finding another car or at the very least another body and frame. If you can do some of the work yourself or know someone that can that would help. Then you could just have a good frame shop pull the frame and body and put on a different rear body panel and rear fender. To bad looks like it was a nice car before it got hit.

Comment

take the money and run .

Comment

Working...
                              X