PDA

View Full Version : Body: Trunk Lid Hinges 1951 champion

stevestude
06-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Hello Forum members,Probably not the right place to intro me , but ,I think I was on here many moons ago so not exactly a newbie.My name is Steve and live near Sacramento Ca. (Orangevale) and have a 51 champion I restored at home over about 7 yr. span and managed tyo drive to 20003 International meet in Sacramento. As a member of Karel Staple chapter I've been enjoying it ever since. (I'm in the process of getting my pics off of my old crashed computer , so sorry, no pics now. My question is about trunk lid hinges. I repaired mine as best as I could when I first did the car, and once after that. Now the driver side hinge bent again so I think I need to replace. Does any one know if a 50 sedan hinge will work on a 1951 coupe? I seem to recall some disscussen on here but couldn't find it. Thanks Steve

royvaldez
06-22-2015, 04:26 PM
Yes, 1950 will work if it came from a starlight. You forgot to mention, you have a starlight. Remember, You can not use a sedan, 4 door, or convertible hinges because of its base. Although , you can remove the base from the sedan, 4 door, or convertible and use your base. The upper part is the same

stevestude
06-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Thanks Roy, I see . Looks like I need to drill the 2 pins out. Any sugg. on where to g et new pins?

royvaldez
06-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Any hardware store has them. In Placerville, you will find them on Main street. It is the oldest hardware store.