PDA

View Full Version : Interior: OK I did something stupid. Need a picture

Dougie
06-20-2015, 01:22 PM
OK I installed new headliner and interior on my 62 Lark. It was pretty much gutted when I got it. Looks great but.... I forgot to put screws in the interior sun visor holes so I could locate them after the headliner . I can find the holes for the clips on both side by the rearview mirror, but having a hard time finding/orienting the attachment on the window sides.

Does anyone have a picture of the window side where the two screws hold the end that pivots? It would be a lifesaver. Thanks.

t walgamuth
06-20-2015, 02:13 PM
You might also be able to find it using a needle to probe.

ralt12
06-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Try a set of latex gloves on, seriously clean, because no matter what it always seems when you poke around with your fingers the headliner will get dirty. Then try to locate the main fixture holes, that should be the easy part, and then with the visor in place. find the other points where it attaches.

63 R2 Hawk
06-20-2015, 03:31 PM
I have had pretty good success at finding holes under upholstery by placing a Post-it Note paper near where the holes should be, putting some pencil graphite (AKA lead) on another piece of paper and rubbing my finger it it, then rubbing around on the post-it paper until I can see the hole pattern marked on it. Hasn't failed me yet....

BobPalma
06-20-2015, 04:01 PM
:) That's a good tip, Ed. I think I'll use it in Turning Wheels' Co-Operator, if that is OK with you. Proper credit will be given, of course. :cool: BP

63 R2 Hawk
06-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Share away, BP!

Dougie
06-20-2015, 08:56 PM
OK, I got it. I had the visors reversed, so the holes didn't line up where I thought they would. I used the post it note trick except I used blue painters tape. Thanks!