Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daddy was a Studebaker man

Robert Kapteyn

Good story!....My father also purchased new Studebakers. I too remember the excitement of seeing the new family car for the first time.....the first ride in it....and that unmistakeable 'new car' smell!

My dad didn't baby his Studes like the fellow in this story though,.....he drove the heck out of them!

( I guess that might explain why I'm still doing the same!)

Comment

My Dad was a Studebaker man as well, and drove them for his work. He was a insurance claims adjuster for several different insurance companies in New England, kinda a Johnny Dollar kinda guy. His territory was Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. Many many miles were put on his Studebakers. He purchased a new 1946, 1948, 1952, 1955, and his last new Studebaker was a 1964 Commander.
      He purchased a new 1967 Chevelle Malibu wagon but he kept the 64 Studebaker as a second car, which we kept untill it wouldn't pass inspection because of rust out.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

New Car Show at the Alexandra in Hamilton Ontario

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
        Here's a picture of the new car show in Hamilton. It was quite an event and was in the roller rink called the Alexandra. My late father worked for Studebaker in Hamilton from the time it opened in 1948. This is a picture of the man who was the paymaster for Studebaker and his family.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1697590

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
        studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Working...
        X