Vendor(s) for Silver Hawk spring bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: Vendor(s) for Silver Hawk spring bushings

Needing to replace my rear spring bushings so I have better control of the car. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good source for complete bushing sets for the '59 Silver Hawk. They're not as easy to find as I thought they would be. Would prefer polyurethane but don't suppose there is anyone making them for our cars. Any help here much appreciated.
    Dave D.
    '51 "Bulletnose" Champion
    '59 "Silver Hawk" V8

Smithers, B.C. "Where a Stude in hand is worth two in the bush"

I think they are the same as the gt hawks and from what I can tell the 1.5" fronts are the same as a jeep which are also 1.5" and the rears are 7/8" the same as a dodge dart or duster.

Comment

Thanks swvalcon. It appears 1.5"s on the front and 7/8" on the rear are popular on many makes and models. I know this is the size as far as diameter is concerned but is the length standard as well. Why would Stude Int just offer the front 1.5s for 58-66 model years and not carry the rear end bushings for the same years? Would think this would be a very common replacement part?
      Dave D.
      '59 "Silver Hawk" V8

Comment

Originally posted by Champion51 View Post
        Thanks swvalcon. It appears 1.5"s on the front and 7/8" on the rear are popular on many makes and models. I know this is the size as far as diameter is concerned but is the length standard as well. Why would Stude Int just offer the front 1.5s for 58-66 model years and not carry the rear end bushings for the same years? Would think this would be a very common replacement part?
        Latest Studebaker International catalog, page 278: 1544481 Bushing, 7/8" OD $12.00 each

Comment

Yep, and Chuck at studepartscom has got them as well. Problem solved. Thanks! Was kinda looking for a cross-referenced newer vehicle so I could just go down to NAPA and pick em up.
          Dave D.
          '59 "Silver Hawk" V8

Comment

Working...
          X