Interior door panel part nos.--need help identifying the numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior door panel part nos.--need help identifying the numbers

They're not in the '59-64 Body Parts Catalog, so they must be earlier, or later.

An old-car friend called me and told me that the former Jeep dealer in my hometown of Greenville, PA is going out-of-business. I was sad to have heard this (previously) because I heard good things about them and the son was in my high-school class.

Anyway, my friend said someone told him to call Dale at the garage about 8 pcs. of Studebaker interior door pieces he has. They're good enough for Dale to have given my friend the part nos.--at least three of them:

1346504 X6
    1346630 X3
    1340433 X10

Are these good numbers, anybody?

I guess Dale just wants rid of them and says he'll sell at a good price. I don't know what that is, though.

Thanks.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Bill, PM sent

Comment

They're not in Ed Reynolds' catalog from a couple years back, but I didn't think they'd be.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Most interior soft parts were not in the parts catalog -- too many colors, too many body and seat styles, too many levels of luxury, too little demand. There was, however a catalog of those numbers -- a big book and associated card file that I last saw at SASCO. Presumably one copy of that book was sold with the soft parts, but Stude Intl might very well have a copy, too. I would call Jim at SI and see if can look those numbers up for you.
        Last edited by Skip Lackie; 06-20-2015, 05:02 AM.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Those definitely do look like early 1960's Part Numbers but as Skip said they are only listed in the Original Plant 8 Main Warehouse list that SHOULD have gone to Colorado with the Interior Inventory, but I heard a unsubstantiated rumor that it did not.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Forum friends,

I am posting pictures of the door panels for Bill Pressler, the original poster above. Please contact Bill if interested. Jeff
            Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2203.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1698965Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2205.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1698966Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2207.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1698967Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2212.jpg
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1698968Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2210.jpg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1698969Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2214.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1698970Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2215.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1698971Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2217.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1698972Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2219.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1698973

Comment

Looks like some Lark Cruiser panels there, very nice!
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

They appear to be 1961 & 1962 Lark Regal door panels aside from one lone 1962 RH panel in saddle tan for a Cruiser.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                  They appear to be 1961 & 1962 Lark Regal door panels aside from one lone 1962 RH panel in saddle tan for a Cruiser.

Craig

They are a mishmash of sorts...funny they ended up at a Jeep dealer which is now closing down. I'd hope they wouldn't just get thrown out, but they are a bit of an unusual assortment of colors and no matched set.

If anyone is interested, post here or a PM and I'll give you the contact information. They are located in Greenville, Pennsylvania, in the northwest part of the state, only about ten miles in from the Ohio line.

Thank you Jeff for posting the pictures.
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

all right front & left rear panels......Nice Champ (!) truck pocket panel.... would look great without arm rest and no sun visor...!

Comment

Interesting that none of the holes are punched for door/window crank handles or armrests on the '62 panels. Deluxe panel below is one of five that I have had and all four holes were punch on each one as well as all the other '62 panels I have owned over the years (about a dozen or so).

Would love to know what happened to the rack of 1960 door panel material that SASCO had back in 2002(?) in their upholstery room open to the public. It was rolls of all the vinyl door panel material for that particular year. Thought about getting some for my Uncle's 5E Champ but was too busy digging through piles of other stuff and did not make the leap.

Last edited by 62champ; 06-26-2015, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Probably wound up in Colorado at Starlight Studebaker Interiors.
                        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                          Probably wound up in Colorado at Starlight Studebaker Interiors.
                          OR, at Southeast Studebaker!
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi guys,
                            as mentioned previously, the interior combination are definitely not in the parts book. You had to contact the factory with your cars details to get the trim items.

I do have a copy of that interior code and part number set that is hand written. It covers from 1959 to 1966 and I managed to to get Dave Splitsky who worked at N&A at the time to part with it, so I could copy it in the early 1990's.

Greg
                            Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                            1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                            1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                            1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                            1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                            1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                            1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Greg, it would be SUPER Studebakerly of you, if you would contact Will Sanders at Starlight Studebaker who owns the majority of the NOS Interior Parts "in the world" and desperately NEEDS a copy of that Parts List!
                              Last edited by StudeRich; 06-28-2015, 08:43 AM.
                              StudeRich
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X