Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is my 1952 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe worth (un-restored)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my 1952 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe worth (un-restored)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	190760_10150215593094782_6310036_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1747086Click image for larger version

Name:	189724_10150215592604782_5463732_n.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1747087Click image for larger version

Name:	207166_10150215593194782_5636454_n.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1747088Click image for larger version

Name:	198086_10150215593444782_6146153_n.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1747089

It is very difficult to price a vehicle without a close inspection or many pictures, but I can comment a little. The fact that the car is a Starlight coupe does help, but 52s have never been very popular outside of a few folks like me. Also, the fact that the car is a little Champion six generally hurts its value. I sold the 52 Champion Starlight that I had owned for some 40 years for $3,000.00 a few years ago. It was straight with decent chrome, but run down and the engine was out of it. The guy that bought it was not a Studebaker person and just wanted another old car. Anyone who realizes how much new chrome and interior will cost will not want to jump in for a very high price. You may have better luck in your part of the country.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I might keep it and pull the I6... put in a SBC or big block... turn it into a hot rod... not chrome the parts, but sand blast and powdercoat them..

Comment

Does anyone make fiberglass fenders (front and rear) for the 1952 model?

Comment

I doubt that there are fiberglass front fenders due to the 52 models not being that popular. It should be possible to find good original ones. For the rear, it is possible that someone may have made some for the 51 models which could also be used on a 52. If no one on here knows try a Google search for the items.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Members of the International Studebaker Drivers Club and their local Chapters network with other owners to find things like these Fenders in good Used condition.

I do not think you will find New anymore and No reproductions, but there was a LOT of Stock in South Bend, IN and the District Warehouses never discarded, so there is always a slim chance a few are out there somewhere hanging in "Grandpa's" Garage.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have 3 nos front fender with the inner fenders attached from the factory.The battery box is also attached.I have no need for them and will sell them reasonably.I had a 52 I was going to do but upon inspection found it was to bad to restore.If interested call me at 724-651-9320. I am Don Borger New castle,PA

Comment

the '52 had the "Bad Korean (War) Chrome" that was thin and didn't last very long on any make back then. i'd think it would cost as much as a decent price for your car to redo the chrome.
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                  the '52 had the "Bad Korean (War) Chrome" that was thin and didn't last very long on any make back then. i'd think it would cost as much as a decent price for your car to redo the chrome.
                  I'm glad you mentioned that, because I always wondered why my 52 Land Cruiser chrome was so much worse than my 50's chrome. I bought the car in El Paso, Texas back in 1969 and even then the chrome was bad.

Comment

Here is an example of the lower value of 1952 Studes. This is a V8 Hardtop, and just imagine what the bids would be if it was a 53 instead of 52. It looks like a good unrestored car.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                      Here is an example of the lower value of 1952 Studes. This is a V8 Hardtop, and just imagine what the bids would be if it was a 53 instead of 52. It looks like a good unrestored car.
                      Sweet, V8 with overdrive!
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Nobody likes bad news, but the 52 is kinda low man on the totem pole, for value. It looks like a bullet nose, but lacks the charm, and its trying to look like a 53, but misses the mark by a mile. I would put a value on that car, as-is, at $1500. And thats on a good day. Sorry. But then again, thats just my opinion. Others may vary. Good luck, though.
                        sals54

Comment

Working...
                        X