Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Daytona Conv FS on Hemmings Blog

From the Friday, June 19 Hemmings Daily Blog:

Gary Lindstrom ought to know something about it; I believe it is in his back yard. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Looks nice. I'd have to move the bumper guards one bolt out.

Of course, I'd then probably have to buy a bumper because there'd be guard marks on the old one.

Seriously, that's a nice-looking car.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
      Looks nice. I'd have to move the bumper guards one bolt out.
      You buy it, Bill, and I'll move the guards out for you. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Gary Lindstrom ought to know something about it; I believe it is in his back yard. BP
        A little birdie told me Gary already knows quite a bit about it.
        Judging by the plugged holes in the firewall by the cowl drain tube, and the water pump manifold, I'd say it had A/C that has since been removed.
        Jim
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Yes, I know a lot about this car and its ownership, going back about 30 years. It is the car that I wrote about recently where I was asking for Lark valuation assistance. I made an offer on the car and did not hear back. Most of what I know about the car I will not publish here.
          I believe the car was originally white (Festival Car ?).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Yes, I know a lot about this car and its ownership, going back about 30 years. It is the car that I wrote about recently where I was asking for Lark valuation assistance. I made an offer on the car and did not hear back. Most of what I know about the car I will not publish here.
            Gary, PM sent.
            Jim
            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Yes, I know a lot about this car and its ownership, going back about 30 years. I believe the car was originally white (Festival Car ?).
              'Got a Serial Number, Gary? If so, I'll look it up. BP

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                Gary, PM sent.
                Jim
                PM replied to.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

'Got a Serial Number, Gary? If so, I'll look it up. BP
                  Sorry, Bob, wish that I did. I only briefly saw the car, indoors, last year. At that time, I was not sure it was the car that I thought it was (I since found out that it is) and that it was originally white. As you can see, it is an early car (pre-full flow). You may be able to read the body tag information in that one picture.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Right, Gary; I should have paid closer attention to that. The body tag number is 'way too low to be a 1962 Indianapolis 500 Festival or Pace Car. BP

Comment

From the pictures I see a big rock in front of the rear wheel.. On an automatic in "P," it says enough about the car for me.

Now I'm being mean.. Sorry..
                      It could just be that the big rubber bushing in the shift lever on the transmission is oil soaked or gone, and would just need to be replaced, or adjusted.

Nice car.

Comment

Working...
                      X