1954 stude hdtp wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 1954 stude hdtp wiring harness

I got a 54 champion hdtp. It originally had a 6 cyl auto. It now has a 283 4-speed. It's going to be a no frills stock looking stude. The wiring harness needs help. Was wondering if I should with a stock 6 cyl harness or maybe a v8 harness. Or maybe a newer stude harness. I'm going 12 volt on this. Other option is an aftermarket wiring kit? any input?

Get rid of the remnants of the OEM harness and put in an aftermarket one. You'll get a fuse box, good wire and no shorts from the old cobbled setup. A lot less expensive than a new OEM one to boot.

From last week - http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ox-suggestions

Bob

Comment

Definitely an aftermarket harness. Out performs any other choice unless you want to keep it original.
      Gary

Comment

The problem with the New Replacement Commander V8 Harness is the Dash end will be a lot different because the Commander has a different Dash. Then there is the Generator and Voltage Reg. wiring for the 6 Volt Positive Ground System.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

All things being equal, a six-volt harness is heavier wire; can't go wrong. But the lighter harness will perform perfectly well if all things have been correctly 12V converted.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
          X