PDA

View Full Version : Electrical: Fuse Box?

Luis Reyes
06-17-2015, 07:43 AM
I want to know if my Lark 62 has a fuse box? or they even used fuse boxes when these cars were made. I want to run a new aftermarket car stereo, my does not have one and looking for the proper way to wire one.

jackb
06-17-2015, 08:47 AM
There is a fuse panel which only has 2 14 amp fuses that link stop lights, interior lighting (dome) and a few other things. It can be seen (found) left of the steering wheel and under the dash. Installing a stereo might be best connecting power line from unit, fused to the "acc" terminal on the starter switch..... There are other possibles, but that would safely work with your other non-ignition connections.

showbizkid
06-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Hey Luis,

No, no Stude ever had what we'd call a "fuse box" today. Most protected circuits were fitted with inline fuses, although there are a couple of them on the small circuit board that also hosts the directional flasher. This is mounted under the dashboard on the driver's left; you can easily find it by following the left-side fresh air vent rod; the board will be found directly above that rod on the under-edge of the dash nearest the firewall.

For circuit schematics, you can download yours free from https://www.studebakerparts.com/studebakerparts/store/s/agora.cgi?page=wirediagrams.html . You'll find that the original radio power circuit in your car was taken as an independently-fused feed from the ACC terminal of the ignition switch; that's still the best place to take it from!