Update on Suspension Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Update on Suspension Upgrade

Recently I posted a request for advice on improving the ride and the bump steer on our '53 custom (pics in signature link). So far the tie rods have been relocated lower to help with the bump steer caused by the rack and pinion steering we added. A replacement front sway bar from a '55 Stude donor has been installed. Now waiting for a new rear sway bar. Will update the results soon. Theoretically, the "end" of the list of desired improvements when the restoration work was started in 2009.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

We'd be interested in seeing photos of the R&P install.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

We sure would like to see pictures of the rack and pinion install!!
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Tim, that car is spectacular! What a concept! There is 1 picture of the rack and pinion, #52 in the link Tim provided at the bottom of his post.
        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by garrilla View Post
          Tim, that car is spectacular! What a concept! There is 1 picture of the rack and pinion, #52 in the link Tim provided at the bottom of his post.
          Thanks. The fact that the custom work was done by my wife's father and uncle in 1954-5 makes it very special to us. A Canadian Stude collector offered an obscene amount of money for the car and my wife never blinked before declining.
          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Having done a R&P on a Stude, I have an idea what it takes.
            I'd also like to see pictures of this "help with bump steer" swap. Espicially if it's an otherwise stock suspension...

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X