Need the Fill Pipe Connecting Rubber Hose for 1950 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need the Fill Pipe Connecting Rubber Hose for 1950 Champion

My 50 Champion was restored about 20 years ago and a new hose was installed at that time. I removed the tank to remove the tank liner, which is peeling off, and I see many cracks in the rubber hose. It's 6" long by 2 1/4" inside diameter, and has a 15 degree bend at the middle. It still has the white square paper sticker on it but I can't read what it said. The rubber has a molded number 531581 and also molded in says: 51 through 57 all cars.

Does anyone know where I can find this coupling hose? Thanks

We have them at Studebaker International.

Comment

Studebaker vendors sell them. I went to my auto parts store and got a piece of gates hose that worked great on 3 of them now. I bought 3' and have been cutting what I need. It does not have the slight bend in the center like the original but as I said it has worked fine. The chain stores probably will not have this hose, you will have to have an old time parts store, napa, carquest, or an industrial supply house. Both the Gates and Carquest number is 23976. My store will sell it by the inch. Carquest is changing due to the chain store buy out so may no longer have it.
      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
      1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I've installed several of them and the custom made ones with the bend in them have to be easier to install than a straight hose. They have to be.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
        X