Nice turnout of Studes today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice turnout of Studes today

One of the prettiest line-ups we've had at a club meeting lately.

The '29 President FH Victoria belongs to our newest member. He bought the car just a couple of months ago.

Last edited by mbstude; 06-13-2015, 01:06 PM.

Yes nice Studes for sure, Matt do You know anything about the 1st series 55 sedan ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Sweetness!
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
        Yes nice Studes for sure, Matt do You know anything about the 1st series 55 sedan ?
        It's a Commander, 224 V8 with overdrive. It had been sitting for decades under a shed until a friend bought it for a parts car. The engine was seized and a lot of the car had been taken apart. Another club member saw it and couldn't stand for it to be scrapped, so stepped in and brought it back to life. The engine was freed up and it runs pretty well. Complete new front end and steering rebuild, a NOS wiring harness, complete brake system overhaul, and a long list of other parts. The owner's former Stude was a real nice '62 Convertible that he felt he had too much money in. He calls this one his "BeaterBaker" and has been driving it almost daily for a few months now.

Here it is a couple of weeks ago with 2 other 55's.

Last edited by mbstude; 06-13-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Nice group of Studes. I'm surprised that there was not at least one 47-52 model or a truck.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
            Nice group of Studes. I'm surprised that there was not at least one 47-52 model or a truck.
            The owner of the Speedster also owns a 50 Champion 4dr sedan. But I don't think there are any running trucks in our local chapter at this time.

Attached is another photo of the 55 sedan.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice line up of 60+ year old Studebakers. Not a very common occurrence for sure.
              Bill

Comment

That is a great mix of beautiful Studes. They could only look better if they were in my driveway.

Comment

It's clear when you see a pristine antique Studebaker like this 29 that Studebakers were, at that time in automotive history, an upscale car.
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks Matt,I have another question ? would You know what Vehicle that color Blue belongs to ?,gotta love those 55s
                    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    It's a Commander, 224 V8 with overdrive. It had been sitting for decades under a shed until a friend bought it for a parts car. The engine was seized and a lot of the car had been taken apart. Another club member saw it and couldn't stand for it to be scrapped, so stepped in and brought it back to life. The engine was freed up and it runs pretty well. Complete new front end and steering rebuild, a NOS wiring harness, complete brake system overhaul, and a long list of other parts. The owner's former Stude was a real nice '62 Convertible that he felt he had too much money in. He calls this one his "BeaterBaker" and has been driving it almost daily for a few months now.

Here it is a couple of weeks ago with 2 other 55's.

Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks, Matt. A posting with Stude pictures always gets my attention and yours is one of the best in a long time.
                      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                      jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

I wish we could get a turn out like that at our Chapter meetings!

Comment

Matt, tell us about your Avatar. Or did I miss a post about it.
                          Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                            Matt, tell us about your Avatar. Or did I miss a post about it.
                            Haven't posted about it here. Just a ratty old '53 that I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                              Haven't posted about it here. Just a ratty old '53 that I bought.

A custom, that's great! I see you're coming over to the dark side. Louvers, Chevy power, modified tri star, antenna location.
                              Is that a six hole front bumper? I've never seen one of those on a '53 K. I thought they all came with the small guards.
                              Tell us more about it. Engine? Tranny? Rear end? What other mods? Where did it come from?
                              More pictures please.
                              Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 07-16-2015, 01:41 PM.
                              Jerry Forrester
                              Forrester's Chrome
                              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
                              X